Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 11:41:19 AM

Author Topic: mill retro HELP  (Read 93252 times)

Re: mill retro HELP
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2008, 07:11:14 PM »
Hood,

Did you know Britt and Brett are twins ?  ;D They are hard to tell apart, except Britt just
smokes cigarettes, and Brett is usually seen chewing on short cigars. Thats all he can find laying
around in the trailer park. Not even sure if they were all cigars.   :o   There are a lot of dogs running
around there
 Hey Brett, Britt says, Hi Brett. Miss ya.  xoxoxoxoxo   :P

Ed
Ed VanEss
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »
LOL, poor Brett, working  so cant reply.
 Oh wait a minute should rephrase that, he is at his place of employment, should not have mentioned he was working, that would scare him if he had to do that :)

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »
Sorry guys, just got in form a long days work........... And yes Hood, it was work, but not to bad, just a lot of it. LOL

Ed, try these settings with backlash enabled and let me know how it does. In config., general config. (top center) set shuttle accel to .005 and in config., backlash set the speed to 200%, enable backlash and close then reopen Mach. Test your backlash before and after, should work a treat.

I wish I had more time to play but will make up for it next week.  ;)

Tell Britt I said Duh Huh........ she'll know what to do.  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2008, 11:20:19 PM »
Brother Brett,  :D
   I tryed with backlash enabled and without. Using both .001 and .002 in backlash
 and nothing changed. any which way ends up with .001 backlash, but machine tuning was good.
 It didnt jump around like a monkey in heat. :D  ( I know what thats like) 

One problem  I do find is after ref all (with soft limits off) if I jog X to + limit (with soft limits on)  ,dro reads 33.*********.
 today it was 17.*********. Its actuall is suppose to be 29.000 with soft limits. If I ref all again it will be right (29.000)
 Something not right there.Otherwise everything seems good.
   Thanks again, but, when can I send your sister back? :'(

Ed
Ed VanEss
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2008, 11:24:56 PM »
Hey Ed,.....Ummmm......if you're done with her........ummmm....I'll give you my address......and ...ummmm...I'll even pay for the ticket.
SHE"S HOTTTTTT !
RC

As long as she don't pick her arse and throw s**t at me like the ones at the zoo.

And....Offer void if knocked-up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:43:57 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2008, 12:13:15 AM »
LOL
_ You gotta be really hard up.  Any relation to Brett and Brett  ;D
The local zoo don't even want her, and the Humane  society won't even let her in the door
She does really get along good with my dog.( Male German Shepard.)
  Take a good look at the palm of your hand. Looks better than Britt,I bet. :D

But then again if you really want her, send me a big ventilated box, some chains, and a couple cartons of cigarettes.

LOL. I really thought Hood would like to give her a try, but would cost to much to ship.

Ed  (monkey trainer)
Ed VanEss
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2008, 12:39:05 AM »
OH NO..Not for me.....For my Boss. I'm quitting next week. She's a going away present.
He found out that I was making homemade CNC parts from home and canned me.
I told him I learned how to retro a machine with Mach and this forum and he said I was full of s**t.
Also, while I'm "venting", I went to a local CNC shop and asked about working for them to gain some CNC experience. When asked about my prior CNC experience, I said none...except for Mach, this forum and 2 machines that I built myself.
They laughed me out of the place....almost literally !
Then, I happened upon an old acquaintance that worked for a small defence contractor. One thing led to another and lo and behold he asked if I could make some parts for him. One part in particular fit my homebrew machine to a "T". I made 1100 pieces for him. Then, word got back to the manager of the shop that I applied to. (He's the one I took the job from). He calls me back in for what I think is another interview, but instead, he chews my ass for stealing his work.
He then threatens to turn me in to the locals for all kind of business and tax violations.
No offense Brett, but Britt is really too good for him.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:35:13 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2008, 01:33:00 AM »
Overloaded,

Where are you from.?  anywhere near Wisconsin
I well know,this world has more than its share of accholes, and I met more than my share thru the years.

I had a job down in Miami in 2000-2001 as a vehicle dynamics engineer for a company owned by an Israli.We designed
a jeep- a cross between a jeep and a hummer. He had orders from Isral and South America. I designed the suspension and all
the tooling and fixtures to produce  these jeeps.

He ran out of money and conned me into staying and setting up his new shop in Hialea( cuban section of Miami)
I stayed there from Jan -June and never got paid. I came back up here and a shop here begged me to work for him
The bank locked his doors and I got screwed again. RETIRMENT Time. Now I just do the jobs I want in my shop for CASH.

Later
Ed
Ed VanEss
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2008, 01:49:58 AM »
Born and raised in Maryland.....smack dab between Baltimore and Washington. As soon as I could, I retreated to Winchester VA. Then to the Wild Wonderful Hills of West Virginia. I like it here. Laid back. Can still shoot of of the porch. (rest on the washing machine) Just Kidding. HeHeHe. No really.....it's nice. But there are allways folks that try to knock ya down. No matter how hard you try. I love kids but am sort of glad that I don't have young'uns....I'd probably raise em' wrong, not being politically correct myself. I don't have much tolerance for ignorance and stupidity any more, even though I have done some ignorant and stupid things along the way.
Enuff of this snot n' tears s**t.
Back to COMEDY CENTRAL !
Regards,
RC