Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:55:29 PM

Author Topic: OEM codes for buttons, DRO's and LED's  (Read 195909 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: OEM codes for buttons, DRO's and LED's
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2013, 02:42:10 AM »
You can reverse the homing direction from Config menu then Homing and Limits page.
Regarding your first problem, do the LEDs at the side of the axes DROs turn green? If they do then the axes have reversed off the switches.
Hood
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2013, 08:33:36 PM »
Hi Hood,I will check out the Led's on the DRO'S, havent noticed that one. With the other problem, do I set to run in the correct direction for normal operation, and then reverse the homing on the limits and home page, in other words is there a definate procedure to follow.
Humbuk

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2013, 05:28:22 AM »
You need to set the X Y and Z motion to be the correct direction first. Which way that will be depends on the type of machine you have but one thing is constant and that is the relation of tool to work.
For example if you have a knee type mill the table moving left will be a positive move in X as the cutter would be moving positive in relation to the work piece.
 On something like a gantry router then the gantry moving right would be a positive move as again the cutter is moving positive in relation to the work material.

Once you have X Y and Z set correctly for direction then you can tell Mach the direction you wish to home, ie positive or negative. If you home positive then ideally you want to set a Home Off value equal to the travel of your axis. For example if you had a 500mm X axis and you homed positive then the Home off value would be set as 500. When you homed the axis would be fully positive and the machine coords would be set to 500. That would mean the machine coordinates zero for X was correct as X0 in machine coords would be fully negative.

Its a bit confusing to read but when you see it you will work it out as long as you remember its the relation of tool to material and not necessarily the motion of the axis.

Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »
As I understand your suggestion:
Write a macro (M1000.m1s) and save it in Mach3>macros>Mach3mill.  Now in what file do I find the "initialization string"?  You mention it being in "general config"??  IF its covered in the program ref doc, a page #i would be helpful.  Thanks.

Quin

If you haven't found it yet, go to the Config menu in Mach3, then General Config. It's in the middle of the screen, slightly to the left.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Quin

•  34 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »
Hi Gerry,

I was using a legacy version (1.84) which did not have the general config menu. I converted to the latest version am now able to insert my macro into the initialization string.  It seems to work OK now. I just hope that everything else will work as intended with the latest version.

Thanks, Gerry

Quin
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2014, 05:00:42 AM »
Hi Hood, back on deck with finishing my router. The set up for homing and jogging in the correct direction is now fine. 1 have a question regarding home switches. currently I use a 5 axis break out board, 1 connection each for 4 axis incl slave , 1 for spindle on off. Can I run the homing switches in series and connect to just 1  board connection so that I can also set up a tool material height micro switch. The Mach 3 simple setup says yes for a 3 axis setup, but it doesnt refer to a 3 axis with fourth slave axis
Regards Humbuk

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2014, 07:08:08 AM »
The master and slave should be on separate pins if you want the gantry to auto square when homing, but the other two axis can share a pin with either the master or slave.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2014, 05:33:08 AM »
Hi, I have the router running nc files and homing all ok. I have one problem, I have noticed that a power point or light swiitch when turned of or on is sending a pulse to the cnc and throwing the safety /stop button. All micro homing switch leads are earthed. any ideas to stop this please.
Also I have set up a tool depth set micro , it sits about 200mm in from the end and side of the table and is clear of the machining area. How do I tell mach 3 where this micro switch mechanism is, set the tool depth (surface of the work piece) and then get the XYZ axis  to return to the zero point to start work. I am using Enroute pro for all my toolpathing which sets my tool at top of surface.
I now run all my homing and slave homing switches on 2 inputs on the breakout board, so I now have 2 connections free 1 being for the tool depth micro
Best regards Humbuk

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2014, 05:39:19 AM »
I have one problem, I have noticed that a power point or light swiitch when turned of or on is sending a pulse to the cnc and throwing the safety /stop button. All micro homing switch leads are earthed. any ideas to stop this please.

I would be inclined to fit a mains filter in series with the power input to your CNC (of sufficient current rating).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2014, 01:12:09 AM »
Thanks Tweakie, chasing up the electrician for the filter.
I have been running large files on the cnc to basically become familiar with motor tuning, speeds, positions on the table. These files are used on my large ART CNC router.
I am coming up with an intermittant problem where the program stops running and it comes up with message "radius to end of arc differs from radius to start" I know the file is ok as I have already cut this file on the large machine. Why would this be coming up especially when I could run this file again and it wouldn't faulter. It also does it with other files as well

Regards Humbuk