Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:53:45 AM

Author Topic: Looking for good DIY controller kit supplier  (Read 17099 times)

Re: Looking for good DIY controller kit supplier
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2020, 08:43:20 PM »
Test run not successful for X Axis

The A axis and X axis pin numbers were swapped in Config - Ports and Pins - Motor Outputs. The X axis now has Step Pin 2 and Dir Pin 3
I entered the updated Motor Tuning values with X and Y veloc as 2000 and Z veloc as 4000.

X axis does not function, Y and Z axes function well. Nil smoke, nil motor heating

Is there another setting in (maybe) Ports and Pins that has to be altered?
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2020, 09:11:04 PM »
I've swapped the X motor to the Y channel and Y motor to the new X (A) channel; the X axis motor runs well on the Y channel but the Y motor does not run on the new X (A) channel.

So the A channel is not being picked up as the new X channel by the computer / Mach3.

Offline MN300

•  298 298
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2020, 09:25:12 PM »
You calculated Z and Y to be 39.37steps /mm and Z to be 31.25. That puts Z traveling about 25% faster -2500mm/min. I had to guess at several factors so my number could be well off, I chose the conservative answer.
When troubleshooting a problem a good method is to consider what has changed. In this case it's changing to MACH 3 software. Inadvertently selecting too high max speed seems to be a possibility.

Your photo just showed up. I notice the part number on the board is MAXNC CL 10108C. The circuit diagram is for 10108A. I don't see any obvious differences in the parts used, maybe the PIC program is the difference.
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2020, 09:58:45 PM »
I'll start with 2500mm/min for Z in Motor Tuning.
I still have MaxPath42, which seems to be a MaxNC renamed Mach3 version R3.033. I'll reinstall it and see if it makes a difference. Might make the A channel work.

Yes, the actual board is a 10108C, not A, but I looked for differences and could not find them.
As it is almost impossible to read the part numbers on the .doc, I could not verify if there had been a part update.
I have not been able to find a circuit diagram for my C model.
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2020, 11:11:33 PM »
I re-installed MaxPath42 software (Mach111 version R3.033), copied the license into the C/Mach111 file, rebooted and opened the software. Made the X/A axis pin changes to Config - Ports and Pins - Motor Outputs updated the values in Motor Tuning, saved everything and for luck's sake rebooted again.
Turned on the CNC, started the software (also did this in reverse in different trials) and tested the motors by jogging.
The X gantry does not move but the Zero X DROs change values as if movement is taking place.
The Y and Z motors move the gantry all but a few centimetres before the error 'Limit Switch Triggered' shows and the movement stops, even though no physical limit switches were triggered.
I'm at my wits end.
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2020, 04:49:32 AM »
Should any of the config tabs with A axis values be updated now the A channel is used for the X motor: Input Values, General Logic Config - Angular Properties and Active Plane of Movement, Motor Home and Soft Limits?

Also, there are other references to the A axis in MaxPath42 and Mach 3 that seem quite fixed; so can I actually use the A channel to drive the X motor?

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2020, 01:22:08 PM »
sorry, was off a few days.
can you pls post the actual XML file, will have a look tomorrow.

anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2020, 08:44:16 PM »
This was the last Mach3 xml before I re-installed MaxPath42
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2020, 08:45:28 PM »
This was the last xml after MaxPath42 (Mach111) was installed
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2020, 09:24:57 PM »
Hello again people, Dave from Lin Engineering said that the stepper is especially manufactured for a flexible hose company. I looked into what flexible hose companies require steppers for and found they use them for peristaltic pump manufacture. I looked for pumps with a similar winding resistance to mine and found that many of these pumps have a recommended speed of 0-600 rpm
So I'll play it more cautiously and set the X and Y speed at 500 and the Z speed at 625