Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:03:06 AM

Author Topic: M3 Probing error THC Pokeys  (Read 2881 times)

M3 Probing error THC Pokeys
« on: December 11, 2019, 05:21:47 PM »
I have bought Mach 4 last week as an upgrade for Mach3.

I have a Plasma table with PoKeys57CNC and a PlasmaSense THC unit. I am using a Floating Head configuration.

I am using the Plasma Screen and I got the THC working but sometimes while Probing it stops the cycle.

Macro Alarm: 3 The Probe did not strike during our M3 touch move.

But the Probe signal is activ if I look at the diagnostic page.

This problem randomly occurs.

Any clue?

And my value in the dros of the THC settings screen are changing every time I restart Mach 4.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: M3 Probing error THC Pokeys
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 09:44:23 AM »
You are either running out of travel (need to make the max probe distance larger) or have a noisy/bouncy input signal. Lots of post on this forum on how to troubleshoot and fix noisy/bouncy inputs. This one good example.......... https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=42086.msg274439#msg274439

The values in the DROs are changing because your machine units are mm or the Gcode your running is in mm mode. This has been fixed but not in a build yet. It should make it into the next build.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »
My max Probe travel is at 100mm and my min max THC 100 and - 100 it is more then enough.

I have no soft limits enabled.

The problem only occurs on the m3 Macro not in other Z Probe Funktions.

The I use shielded and grounded wires.

The PoKeys57CNC has some input filtering built in. And I played with the software filtering as well.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 07:37:46 PM »
I am having this same issue with Mach4 Plasma and Pokeys57CNC. If I type M3 into the MDI and press start it will work sometimes, and other times I get the error "MACRO ALARM; 3 The probe did not strike during our M3 touch move.". If I use G31z-3 in MDI the probe works without an issue. I've tried installing an RC filter, but that didn't seem to help.

I attached a log of my probe testing with the Plasma torch turned off. The first and the third probe were successful, the second one shows the error.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:41:22 PM by RootbeerFLHX »
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 09:08:42 PM »
i use also pokeys for woodworking cnc ,we use alot with probe,only with G31
never have problem,only with travel limit,so we add in the begin of the M function of the tool hight detect,disable the software limit
and at the end of the m function enable
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 02:41:22 PM »
Did you ever find a solution to this problem ?
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 02:55:02 PM »
Did you ever find a solution to this problem ?

I start playing few days now with my plasma and HTC, i have Pokeys57 and Plasmasens. Few tries i make, when i had the ohmic sensor on from Mach4 module i did get random times macro alarm 3. I turned off ohmic sensor and add probe move to my post processor, for now i don't have this error.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 03:16:28 PM »
I think thats what Im going to do, i will use the Mach3 post processor in sheetcam . This seems to work a lot better. 

Can I also ask what settings you have in Mach4 for you THC anti dive etc ?
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 03:31:26 PM »
Can I also ask what settings you have in Mach4 for you THC anti dive etc ?

Anti dive for now i have it off, the rest depends on your plasma cutter. I have a Chinese HF plasma with a lot of modifications on electronics to work, my settings will not work on you.
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 03:45:28 PM »
How have you turned anti dive off ?   I`m struggling to understand what values to use for the adjust rate