Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:15:35 PM

Author Topic: Some question and problems about Mach4  (Read 583 times)

Offline Oli81

•  25 25
    • View Profile
Some question and problems about Mach4
« on: March 06, 2022, 08:47:16 AM »
Hello together

My Name is Oli and I’m from Switzerland, so sorry for my gramma mistakes you can keep it :D

I’m new here in this forum but using Mach3 about 2 years and switched now to Mach4.

I’m using a ESS Smoothstepper with BOB, Clean Windows 7 64bit, 3axis router 1.5x1.5m with 4 JMC closed loop stepper motors (2 on Y axis).
I installed all limited switches for all axis and after I went true the manual of Wrap9 I managed to install the software and get the machine running. I have to say, I really like the option you have in Mach4, what I saw until now and looking forward to learn more.

But I have some questions and a problem I can’t solve, so maybe someone here could help me.

I wrote already a lot of forum posts about Mach4 but I was not finding for all question an answer.

First question is about the motor tuning:
First I was type in the values I already know about my motors and everything worked well on Z and X axis. But while jogging I saw that my Y axis is running twice as fast than the X and Z. I was a bit confused why. My solution was after the reduce the pulses per unit by half on Y and A (A slave motor) and then the problem was gone.
Is that the right solution? So my thinking was, cause I’ve 2 motors for the Y axis, Mach gives the double amount of pulses.

Second question, is it normal, that Mach4 lose after each restart the last machine coordinates?
In Mach3 I could shut down the system, come back next day and after restart the machine was in the same working and machine coordinates.

Then I got a problem with the probing section. I’ve watch the Video of the calibration of the probe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvV6iC3zmY&t=197s but I can’t get it to work.
I’ve a 3D Touchprobe, Wireless and the Z Probe calibration works well but the XY and the circular one is confusing me. So to my setup, I’ve plugged the probe in (31) and checked at the diagnostic page that the probe is working, I’ve fill in the required data in the settings section like G code, slow measurement, set the probe in centre of my testing piece with a precision bore and I’ve set the Z point correct. After that I’ve zero all axis and was ready to start. But if I click on start (calibrate xy) the Z axis move straight down about 4 mm and stops. Then the message pop up “No contact with probe”. I’ve add a picture of the history. Can anybody help me with this? Need those probing sections for milling parts in more than one clamping.

If I forgot to send any additional information, please let me know.

Cheers Oli   8)