Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:36:00 PM

Author Topic: New setup for USB board by BSMCEO4U-PP Bitsensor  (Read 64266 times)

New setup for USB board by BSMCEO4U-PP Bitsensor
« on: April 29, 2019, 10:42:51 PM »
Hello Fellow Frustrated CNCers  ::),
I have been trying to connect my Widows 7, 32 bit Toshiba laptop to my new 6040Z (allegedly-) USB controlled CNC machine.
Initially I was impressed with the overall build quality, pretty good wiring quality and beefy power supplies and stepper drivers.
My problem has been the complete failure of my computer to connect and control the drives via the USB cable. In fact there is zero activity between the items.
I can get the spindle to run under manual control from the front panel so it basically works. What we have is a failure to communicate.

Looking at the wiring, and referring to the scant information available on line, I have some doubts about the correctness of the connections to the PCB.
For instance, there is a link between the ACM terminal and the DCM teminal which does not appear on the diagrams. My problem is that I have no way of finding out the meaning of AVI, ACM and DCM and what their connections should be. I'm guessing the xCM might be Analog and Digital Common. Guessing here is not a good idea...
There are some other iffy-looking connections but I would be grovellingly grateful if someone could compare their working setup with the attached photograph and perhaps enlighten me on what's good and what's not. A return picture for comparison may be asking too much but it sure would help!

I also have failed to understand the correct Setup for Ports and Pins when using USB. Is it even necessary to make settings through an interface which has no Parallel Pins.
I thought USB was supposed to make life easy for those of us who are pretty slow...  ???

Sorry if this is too long but it's important to pose the question clearly. Here's hoping.

Cheers,
Scintilla.

Re: New setup for USB board by BSMCEO4U-PP Bitsensor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 03:48:49 AM »
Hi,
I'm sorry to say that those Bitsensor boards are not particularly good and you will get no manufacturer support.
They are cheap....but that's about all to recommend about them.

Ask yourself.....' If I had to throw away the Bitsensor controller and bought a new US or European made unit ($150-$250)
would this machine still be good value...ruggedly built, good wiring and supplies and steppers?'

I would recommend an ESS (Ethernet SmoothStepper, $190, and two C10 BoB's at $23 each) or a UC300 (approx $150
and two C10 BoB's at $23 each), the addition of a little circuitry for PWM and relay drives and your machine would
come to life in a big way!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 08:57:44 PM »
Hello Craig and Everyone,
Yep, it looks as if Bitsensor has evaporated, taking itself into digital limbo. I think I will take your advice and lift the standard of my machine by using one of your suggestions.
It's a shame when we buy items without having any way of checking the quality of the internal components.

Generally I have had good experiences with most of the Chinese items I have bought and I don't harbour any resentment for the supplier. They are obviously out to make moolah and to reduce their costs to stay competitive. This is unlikely to inhibit their use of crappy components somewhere in the unit. Ultimately someone has to pay for this. Caveat Emptor!

Throwing away the Bitsensor is no problem and I will probably enjoy upgrading the innards to fire up my machine properly.
First I will have to learn about the new components and how they will be integrated into the box.
It's my good fortune that I don't have any deadlines and plenty of other things to explore while I put things in order.

Many thanks for your kind advice. Much appreciated.
Cheers,
Scintilla.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 03:29:00 AM »
Hi,

Generally I have had good experiences with most of the Chinese items I have bought and I don't harbour any resentment for the supplier

Overall that is my experience also. There are certain product categories where that is not the case, cheap electronic devices
in particular.

I'm glad that you are prepared to consider the idea I presented, its not the first time I have recommended such a course
and some people have lambasted/criticized/hated me for it. I certainly understand how someone would be offended
by me pouring cold water on their new device. I take no satisfaction from doing so, but those people who have gone
on and bought a quality controller have complemented me on the advice and gone on to have an enjoyable and productive
CNC hobby whereas those who do not tend to fade away......perhaps with their CNC dream.

I suspect your machine is well made with very useful components and parts, a lot of Chinese made CNC gear is very
good value for money. Combine that with a quality and well supported controller like an ESS and you'll be golden.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 06:47:12 PM »
I have been trying to connect my Widows 7, 32 bit Toshiba laptop to my new 6040Z (allegedly-) USB controlled CNC machine.
Initially I was impressed with the overall build quality, pretty good wiring quality and beefy power supplies and stepper drivers.
My problem has been the complete failure of my computer to connect and control the drives via the USB cable. In fact there is zero activity between the items.
I can get the spindle to run under manual control from the front panel so it basically works. What we have is a failure to communicate.

Looking at the wiring, and referring to the scant information available on line, I have some doubts about the correctness of the connections to the PCB.
For instance, there is a link between the ACM terminal and the DCM teminal which does not appear on the diagrams. My problem is that I have no way of finding out the meaning of AVI, ACM and DCM and what their connections should be. I'm guessing the xCM might be Analog and Digital Common. Guessing here is not a good idea...
There are some other iffy-looking connections but I would be grovellingly grateful if someone could compare their working setup with the attached photograph and perhaps enlighten me on what's good and what's not. A return picture for comparison may be asking too much but it sure would help!

I also have failed to understand the correct Setup for Ports and Pins when using USB. Is it even necessary to make settings through an interface which has no Parallel Pins.
I thought USB was supposed to make life easy for those of us who are pretty slow...  ???

Sorry if this is too long but it's important to pose the question clearly. Here's hoping.

Cheers,
Scintilla.

Same board
https://www.amazon.ca/Aluoflower-100Khz-Breakout-Interface-Controller/dp/B0759KP1CV

Try using B0759KP1CV as part number instead
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 04:11:06 AM »
Download RnRMotion.dll
put into a
C:\Mach3\PlugIns

Select hardware driver when starting MACH3 RnRMotion

https://buildyourcnc.com/Item/electronicsAndMotors-electronic-component-breakout-Mach3-USB-Board
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:13:11 AM by bao625 »
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »

Cheers,
Scintilla.

Hello Scintilla,
I have bought the same board and board came to me without any manuals ... :(
I made some research on the internet and I found a chinese guide ..... after translating with google I found the following:

Description of the control board terminal

10 V: voltage input 10 V.
AVI: analogue output interface, analogue output speed control signal from 0 to 10 V.
ACM: mass of the analog signal
24V: 24 V power supply input; used to power digital signal terminals such as IN and OUT
DCM: the mass of the digital signal; the 24V and DCM terminals are connected to the 24V supply supplied by the inverter; if the inverter has no 24 V
it is necessary to add a 12 V to 24 VDC power supply to the 24 V terminal and to the DCM terminal of the control board.
I1 ~ I4: digital signal input terminal; it can be used to connect the signal input as a limit switch and the emergency stop switch
O1 ~ O4: digital signal output terminal; it can be used to drive the relay or the output control signal

Description of the inverter terminal:

FWD: forward / start gear terminal; some inverters can be connected to multifunction S1 or X1
DCM: land of digital signal; some inverters are called public land COMs
10 V: 10 V voltage output; some inverters can be 12 V or 5 V.
AVI: analogue input from 0 to 10 V.
ACM: 10 V analog signal grounding; some inverters are called public land COMs
24V: output power 24 V.

Attached the wiring diagram.

sorry for my bad English :(((

If you have some trouble write to me !

Claudio
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 09:30:40 PM »
Hello Claudio,
Many thanks for your helpful reply. Sorry I have taken so long to answer.
I have reinstalled the Bitsensor board and it works pretty well now. The Stepper Motors work well and the Motor Tuning is easy to set up.
Thanks for the attached wiring diagram. I'm also using the RnR.dll driver as recommended.

There are still some puzzles for me to try to work out.
1. When I wire up my Limit Switches , all Normally Open, to the In 2 terminal and then close the switch(es) to DCM, there is no response.
2. The same is true when I connect EStop from IN 1 to DCM.  No Emergency Stop happens.
3. The same is true for connecting the Home switches from IN 3 to DCM. I use the Limit Switches as Home Switches so I have placed a jumper link from IN 2 to IN 3.
4. The same goes for the Probe connection to IN 4.
5. I have the White Start/Stop wire connected to OUT 2. That seems to be working okay.
I have 24V connected to power the Analog 24V Terminal and 0V to ACM.
I assume the Grounds for Analogue and Digital are connected, so that ACM is at the same (Ground) potential as DCM.

When I look at the Diagnostics tab there seems to be nothing going on at all.

My understanding of PCB layout is that it is unusual to have Analogue and Digital Grounds connected.

My feeling is that I have not assigned the correct Port and Pins numbers somewhere in the Config Tabs. I can change motor directions and so on by checking and unchecking as required. This means the USB is working properly.

I have seen many variations of the Ports and Pins settings on dozens of You Tube videos but I have never seen a complete set of Screen Shots of a fully functional 6040/Bitsensor/USB CNC Mill. I can't afford to change over to another PCB and Stepper Driver combination just now so I would love to have my current machine working properly.
Any further thoughts would be really welcome.

There's nothing wrong with your English!  :)

Thanks again,
Scintilla.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 05:39:36 PM »
Just to clear up some settings for the outputs and  inputs for the BSMCEO4U board to work.
The Mach 3 setup for ports and pins need to be set up correctly.
Outputs for the motors are simply port 0 pin 0 for X, Y, Z, and A. The drive outputs are hard coded.
Output for spindle control is Port 0-pin1 for both pulse and direction
Spindle control is set to 1000 Hz, check Use Spindle output and PWM.   
Input signals are on PORT 3; where  In1 = P3-Pin1, In2 = P3-Pin2, In3 = P3-Pin3, In4 = P3-Pin4
Output signals are also on PORT 3; where  Out1 = P3-Pin1, Out2 = P3-Pin2, Out3 = P3-Pin3, Out4 = P3-Pin4
The schematic of a typical setup has
E-STOP on Port 3, Pin 1,
Limit switches on Port 3 Pin2
Touch Plate on Port 3 Pin 4
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 05:53:10 PM by wvancura »
Pixel Tamer
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 09:51:29 PM »
Hello Wvancura,
What a great help to receive these settings for my machine!  ;D
I will reset my Ports and Pins as shown and report the results ASAP.
I can see that this information will be a real boon to all the many frustrated Mach3-ers who have faced this information vacuum.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to put us on the right track, at last  :)
Scintilla.