Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:05:26 AM

Author Topic: Y axis lazy on start up  (Read 1582 times)

Y axis lazy on start up
« on: December 06, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm brand new to the forum, and looking for a bit of help.

I've got a home built plasma table, running Mach 3 on windows 7/10, we've had it around a year and we're pretty much to grips with it now.

The issue we have got is it has started (a couple of months ago) playing up. When we come in to work in the morning and turn the plasma on to cut, the Y axis travels incredibly slowly, even on fast jog. X and z run at normal speed.

If we leave the table for between 10 and 30 minutes, the Y axis starts travelling at the correct speed. This happens every time without fail. It's as if the scaling of the motor is forgotten for a while. The display shows the Y jog speed at 9990mm/min (with shift key held) which is what it's supposed to jog at on 100% feed rate. but the pyhsical motor is more like running at under 500mm/min.

I'm assuming its something we are doing wrong? once it has picked up and works it's faultless all day. all parts come out to scale in both X and Y dimension. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many Thanks
Mike
Re: Y axis lazy on start up
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 07:36:58 PM »
If you are still having the issue, is up to speed after you have run one or more sets of Gcode?