Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:02:05 PM

Author Topic: XHC WB04 plugin  (Read 37297 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: XHC WB04 plugin
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2021, 02:47:46 PM »
If i click M-Home, the MPG does not invoke my normal "Ref all Home" function. My CNC uses two axis (X with A slaved) for moving the gantry, one in each side, and each of these has its own homeswitch, to square up gantry. Now hitting the M-Home button on the MPG only moves the A axis, causing the gantry to warp as its only beeing moved in one side. Also the Y and Z axis does not back off from the home switches as expected.
I can't find anywhere I change this behaviour. In Mach 3, htere were macros behind theese functions that i could have edited to make it work, but as I see it, this is now hardcoded in the plugin.

This works fine for me.  Open the diagnostic log and press the M-Home button.  You will see it calls mcAxisHomeAll() from the mcXhcMpg plugin.
Code: [Select]
2021-05-05 13:25:04.765 [I    ] - Logging Enabled.
2021-05-05 13:25:11.631 [I    ] - API: mcAxisHomeAll(inst = 0) (XhcMpg)               <-------------------------- This line. 
2021-05-05 13:25:11.631 [I    ] - Attempt transition from "Idle" on event "Home" command.cpp:1248
2021-05-05 13:25:11.631 [I    ] - S_IDLE_on_exit
2021-05-05 13:25:11.631 [I    ] - Signal id 1172, (Machine Idle), changed from HIGH to LOW.
2021-05-05 13:25:11.632 [I    ] - ACION_start_homing
2021-05-05 13:25:11.632 [I    ] - S_HOMING_on_entry
2021-05-05 13:25:11.634 [H    ] - Signal id 1131, (Z Homed), changed from HIGH to LOW.
I don't believe any of your homing issues are a problem with the mcXhcMpg plugin.

If your axes don't home correctly, you have to setup the home order in the Homing/Softlimits tab of the configuration dialog.  Homing is a function that is dedicated to the motion controller.  So check the ESS config for how the machine is homed (backing off switch, etc..).  None of this is a problem with the mcXhcMpg plugin.

I would have loved if ALL buttons were linked to input signals, and mapped to a lua Function in the screenLoad script, making it possible to customize the behaviour to ones needs.
Currently its only the 10 macro buttons that have this option.

For me, the lack of ability to customize the M-home & Probe-Z to execute Lua scripts is a dealbreaker in using this MPG  :'(.

The ideology behind the plugin is to be simple.  The canned functions should be just that, canned.  Maybe a couple of lines of setup.  But the functions themselves should be canned and consistent across all setups.  The Macro buttons are for custom things.  If everything were input driven, we would spend copious amounts of time with support on a plugin that the people who make the hardware (XHC) refused to write. 

I'm really upset that they do not support their hardware!  In fact, I thought about charging for the mcXhcMpg plugin because it is time I will never get back or be paid for my time.

Probe Z isn't configured yet.  I simply forgot to connect all of the dots and that function got left out.  The intention is to have a setup line like W-Home and Safe Z.  But that will about the extent of any customization for the canned functions.  The plugin itself is not LUA enabled therefore it will never run LUA scripts directly. 

The next dev build will have the Probe Z stuff connected.  I just missed that one completely! 

Steve
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2021, 05:30:52 AM »
Thank you Steve for clearing up my misunderstandings about this plugin.
I fully understand your frustrations with the manufacturers lack of will, to create a plugin to support their own product.

I created a new profile, and went through all settings from my previous working profile, and now I have M-Home working as expected. I don't quite get it why it kept failing in my previous attempts.

As for the other functions, It is really just the Probe-Z that i miss now, and you have fully explained the reason for that. I will wait for the next developer release for that one.
Just to understand the "canned function" limits: If i create a lua function for handling the Probe-Z logic, and put that as a M***.msc in my profile\macros folder, and call the M*** macro from the canned script, will that work? If so, then that is all i wish for  :P

Again, i really appreciate your work on this plugin!

/Henrik

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 08:19:34 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »
I am in the process of switching from Mach3 to Mach4 this pendant was next on my todo list.  I have enabled the plugin in the Configure>Control>Plugins>ShuttlePro

It's not working?  Went back checked in Mach3 and it does work so it's not the dongle.  Am I missing something?
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2021, 03:34:56 PM »
when you activate the plug in you will get screen with the remote photo to define remote function
its work quit nice
steve did great job
very bad he disappeared last month

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2021, 04:02:20 PM »
when you activate the plug in you will get screen with the remote photo to define remote function
its work quit nice
steve did great job
very bad he disappeared last month

I did not get that when I enabled it?  It is a fresh copy/licensed version of Mach4

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2021, 04:14:46 PM »
I am in the process of switching from Mach3 to Mach4 this pendant was next on my todo list.  I have enabled the plugin in the Configure>Control>Plugins>ShuttlePro

It's not working?  Went back checked in Mach3 and it does work so it's not the dongle.  Am I missing something?

Unlike Mach3, the plugin is NOT named ShuttlePro.  The XHC people used the Mach3 Shuttle Pro plugin as a basis to built their plugin and they didn't even change the name!!!  And to confuse things even more, they have sever versions of their plugin for different versions of the MPG.  ALL named ShuttlePro. 

Mach4 had its own plugin called mcXhcMpg.  You have to get the latest dev build to get the plugin. 

Steve
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:16:34 PM by smurph »
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2021, 04:19:30 PM »
Did I download the latest version this morning? 4.2.0.4612
Build 4612?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2021, 10:00:46 PM »
No, from the development site.  http://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/.  Get the latest hobby build.  Then install it to another directory and copy the mcXhcMpg plugin and sig file from the dev installation to your existing installation.  That way you don't mess up what you already have. 

Steve
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2021, 09:50:37 AM »
Thank you for that detail.  I now have some of the functionality back.  Is it normal not to have the full speed control on the right dial? I seem to only have decent movement @ 30% with all other speeds I either no movement or very small movement.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2021, 02:01:31 PM »
I'm not sure I get what you are referring to.  Full speed control of what?  Feed rate override?  Spindle Override?  That is what that speed controls.  The rate at which feed and spindle override increase/decrease with each button press. 

Steve