Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:57:14 PM

Author Topic: XHC WB04 plugin  (Read 36938 times)

Re: XHC WB04 plugin
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 05:34:11 PM »
I've now purchased a newer model of the device which will allow me to develop for it. You should see some progress within a month concerning the WHB04B version of the driver. Too bad XHC would not step up to the plate and supply either a driver, or a device so someone else can make a driver.
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 05:44:39 PM »
Hi,
to be honest given XHC's apparent disregard for its customers why are you bothering?.

At this stage I would guess you know more about their device than they do and clearly care more about whether it
works than they do.

Why don't you make your own device and cut them out of the loop?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 06:05:21 PM »
needed a second device anyway. One for the router, one for the mill. Pathpilot will work with the original device I have. So i'll have to make the new one work for the cnc. But you are correct why bother support a company with such disregard for it's customers.. I feel sorry for those that have the XHC cnc control board.
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »
I e-mailed XHC about a driver and the response I received was disappointing. "If we come out with 1 we will let you know" So I replied with "Since you have come out with a motion control that supports your pendant under Mach 4 does that mean you have no intention of making a driver available" his response was "we are always evaluating the needs".

I appreciate you working on this and helping out the community.

Jeff
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 01:03:52 PM »
I'm curious how this differs from the earlier driver-based XHC plugin by MKULLMAN
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,31332.0.html
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 05:55:29 PM »
no driver required
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 02:29:50 PM »
may be offtopic, i spent some time and developed very simple application for xhc hb03/hb04 cnc pendants for latest MACH 4 (developer version from ftp)

https://github.com/Shaeto/xhc4mach

sorry i have no time for good source code commenting or testing for old versions of Mach4, code is absolutely free, i didn't sign NDA with Mach4 vendor but i used only information available from Mach4CoreAPI.chm and some info about Mach4IPC.dll publicly available on this forum

this is just proof of concept but it can handle multiple pluged mpg, so, you can jog different axis simultaneously :)

Win10 executable is available in Release section if someone want to try it as is without code building

thanks!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 02:54:20 PM »
Hi Colten,

Thanks very much for your work developing this plugin.

I copied the .m4pw and the .sig files into my Plugins diectory, however, when I start Mach4 I get the error "Failed to load shared library 'XHC04.m4pw' (error0:the operation completed successfully.)".

Any ideas?

Thanks again, mate.

Dave.
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 03:49:23 PM »
Fixed a small bug introduced when I was working on adding support for the XHC04b device.
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 04:16:23 PM »
Hi Colten,

Thanks so much for posting the latest build. Unfortunately, I still get the same "Failed to load shared library XHC04.m4pw" error.

I tried a fresh install of Mach4 on my original computer and it does the same thing. I tried installing Mach4 on a different computer and it works fine. I know, I need to find the difference between the two computers, but I have no idea where to start.

Any thoughts? Are there any dependency files that need to be present in order for the plugin to load?

Thanks again,

Dave.