Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:14:02 AM

Author Topic: mach 4 plasma  (Read 9959 times)

mach 4 plasma
« on: April 17, 2018, 10:13:03 AM »
when are we getting mach 4 plasma  a lot of people want to know 
Re: mach 4 plasma
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 02:18:03 PM »
Hi,
plasma requires THC support and that support is enacted to the motion controller not Mach.

As far as I know Vital Systems HiCon board is the only motion controller that has THC support. The short answer is you can have Mach4 plasma right now.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:57:07 AM »
Hi Craig,

I think he may be referring to the long awaited Mach4 Plasma Screen Set. ( http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,36395.0.html )

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 03:09:42 AM »
Hi,
kool, nice features. Some of the Plasma drafting software I've seen on customers machines is very similar.

Having said that there is nothing in it that is strictly necessary and you could use Mach4 to run a plasma CNC right now in its absence.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »
I was referring to the long waited mach 4 plasma screen    I have mach 4 plasma now using the hilcon controller from vital systems.
 I even have an engraver setup thanks to help on this site  thanks 
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »
Hi,
what in particular is this new screen supposed to do?

Is there any reason that you don't make your own screen, after all that's what the screen editor/GUI was provided for.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 11:54:56 AM »
The screen Bryanna talked about on the Mach Support YouTube channel had a teach function and was set up for Plasma, with torch voltage dials. 

But I am with Craig, what exactly do people want in a plasma screen set?  The screen editor is very powerful.  You can do all kinds of stuff with it. 
Chad Byrd
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 08:44:48 PM »
I talked to a lot of people that build there own plasma tables from scratch. I can tell you they don't want to make the screen. they just want the features like mach 3 has with THC . so they can just wire things up to the controller . and not spend weeks figuring out how to program the screen its that simple. and make the screen easy to use and setup .
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 12:45:42 AM »
Hi,

. they just want the features like mach 3 has with THC
you have it in one, carry on using Mach3.

Mach4 is not nor ever will be Mach3. Mach4 is highly programmable/configurable for OEM manufacturers to take up and heavily modify for use on their machine. It is highly likely that you wont
even recognize that its based on Mach when on their machine.

Sales to OEM manufacturers is the business life blood of NFS. Mach4Hobby at $200 with a perpetual licence just wont bring in the income necessary to run a business. Thus Mach4 is primarily for industry
but we as hobbyists can participate but our wishes are likely ignored in favour of industrial users.

The norm with Mach4 is that you take the basic program and GUI and modify it for your use. If you don't like that, or cannot do it, then stay away from Mach4...you will hate it!

Craig
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 11:17:13 AM »
well with that attitude mach 4 will never make it . I don't believe NFS has that attitude  there a lot of end users out there then mfg .

then also ask your selfe why cand cnc went with Linux  when he needed support for mach 3  and had to pay the original person at NFS to fix what ever he needed . so were was his mfg support .
he did not want to invest in mach 4 making a screen to make things work . I sure there is more to the cand cnc story .he had a good mach 3 product why tormach mills went Linux also .