Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:34:59 PM

Author Topic: new setup issues  (Read 8724 times)

Re: new setup issues
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 01:09:01 AM »
Hi,
that's correct, when you change the kernel frequency you have to restart Mach, in fact I think you must restart your PC. The Parallel Port Driver which
really is the heart and soul of Mach operates at a very low level, it has to compete with Windows Kernel for resources. As a consequence it has to reboot before
it can read fresh settings.

Unless there is a specific need to change the kernel speed leave it at 25kHz. If you are running Demo then you are limited to 25kHz anyway.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 01:11:06 AM »
Ok thanks for your help, I know it's like pulling teeth

So I guess now I open the control box and have a look

What am I looking for ?
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 01:14:32 AM »
Hi,
really want to see how the stepper drivers are hooked to the BoB. Its entirely likely that the drivers are all on the same board in which cast you can't change
the wiring. Can you post a pic of the inside?

Craig
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 01:15:22 AM »
Changing the kernels to 45k shows up on diagnostics pulses frequency as the same

But now the emergency alarm wont clear
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 01:18:41 AM »
Hi,
faster the kernel speed is the worse it will perform. The rule is keep the kernel speed as low as you can consistent with the required max pulse speed.
At the moment given that you cant get any pulses I'd settle for just a couple....an hour! Leave the kernel at 25kHz.

Craig
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 01:21:10 AM »
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 01:36:01 AM »
Hi,
the ICs, looks like three of them, lined up along one side of the board very near the wall of the box are your stepper driver ICs. Unfortunately that means
you cant shift wires around to experiment with them. It also means that if any one of them blows up then if you cant repair it yourself you have to
throw the whole thing away. Should that come to pass don't buy more Chinese rubbish....seriously its not worth even the little money they want for them.

In absence of an oscilloscope and the skill/experience to use one the best your going to be able to do is try with the best setup you can come up with
and try it. If it doesn't work hassle the supplier to get another or bite the bullet and buy something decent.

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for this setup? The reason I ask is that while I'm very very scathing of Chinese electronics often the rest of the gear
is OK and even if you threw the electronic bits away you still have pretty good value in the mechanicals, motors and stuff left over.

Craig

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 01:40:19 AM »
this is for a friend, he picked it up for 200, and by the looks of the machine it was never used, came with a bunch of collets too
 sometimes these things just need a few days to breath life back into them,
i notice the machine shifts a tad when i restart the pc now

i had one like i said yrs ago, after sitting for some time it too didnt want to just turn on and run like before, but with some nudgging it came back to life after some time
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 01:52:33 AM »
Hi,
OK, the chances are that the stepper are locking  up as power is applied. If you attempt to turn them by hand with the power off they should turn pretty easy
often with a slight 'cogging' feeling, called detent. When you power them up they should lock up and hold their position, you can twist them hard enough to get
them to budge, its called its Hold torque.

You will have to stick with what the manufacturer intended as you cant rewire the inputs to the drivers.
Try jogging any and all of the axes with both the arrow keys and the <tab> flyout.

Can you post your xml file. In the Mach3 folder there will be a file of the type Mach3Mill.xml Copy it and rename the copy woodworker.xml and attach it to your next
post using <Additional Options> and browse to the file to attach.

Craig
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »
ya i dont even know how to find that , i thought youd be able to post on out of mach

is there a newer version youd suggest im on

r3.042.040