Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:50:39 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 - stepper calibration data (where stored?)  (Read 1683 times)

Mach3 - stepper calibration data (where stored?)
« on: November 13, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »
Hi all. I went through the stepper calibration procedure in Mach3. That's the one where you choose to calibrate X or Y etc, and it asks you for how far you want to move. And then it asks you how much it actually moved.

Once that calibration is done, Mach3 stores the calibration data in a file, so that the calibration is automatically re-loaded into Mach3 every time Mach3 starts up, right?

May I ask what file to look for so that I can confirm that Mach3 has stored the calibration settings?

Eg. When I did a y-axis calibration, I chose to move 50mm. Then Mach3 asked how much it moved. So I entered 50.202mm. A number then popped up like 398.*********x

Does this 398.*********x value get stored in a file somewhere? If it does get stored, then may I ask which file it is, and whether the file is in a simple text format so that we can get a confirmation on the stored setting?

Thanks all! Apologies in advance for this rookie question!

Re: Mach3 - stepper calibration data (where stored?)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:13:58 PM »
Hi,
yes all that data is stored in the profile. Lower right of the Mach screen is the current profile name.
In the Mach3 folder there will be a file: <profile name>.xml.

If you use an XML reader you can inspect, theres a lot of data. Unless you know what you're looking for it may not
help.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
Greatly appreciated Craig. Thanks very much for your time and help!

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:07:21 PM »
Go to motor tuning and look at the steps/unit.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:28:00 PM »
Thanks very much as well ger21. I went there and can see the correct values there. Really appreciated.