Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:30:33 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 and Galil ... Getting better  (Read 18905 times)

Re: Mach3 and Galil ... Getting better
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 05:05:24 PM »
Hey Panga, See you're dabling with the DMC1040. I did a mill retrofit with a DMC 1040 back in 94! I picked up a low dollar DMC 630 and I'd be interested in chatting with ya about what you learn in trying Mach 3 with the DMC1040. Email me some time. Greg.
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 07:26:03 PM »
There is a user on the group that would like to have a look at the code so as soon as he gets VS2003 we are going to start back in on the code... I have had to much work! I get an OEM done that is about 800 Mach3's per year! I have told them that I will not do anymore work for them for the rest of the year! I owe you guys about 3 months of work on Galil and Lcam. So that is my plan No new WORK!

I am so sorry I have been working non stop for to long :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 09:12:20 AM »
The First Update to the Galil code is on the Web (Rev 2.058.0)... Please download the new plugin and I think it should fix many of the problems that you my be having at this time. There is a bit more work that needs to be done with useing Step and Direction with the Galil and the Extended IO, I have to wire up the mill to test that section of code and that is going to take me a bit to get that done :( I hope to get to it very soon.

thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »
I never did get my galil to work with mach3. If anyone is interested, I can supply the pc with galil card, and icm module. Ship the mess to you, you configure so that mach 3 controls analog servos and i/o through the ICM. Return to me. I write check. Sweet. If interested, quote me a price, and we go from there. Email me at grimm_machine@verizon.net. thanks. Jon

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 05:50:20 PM »
You can get in touch with me at 978 683 3256 or e-mail me at the address in my profile. I have Galil running OK. Can probably help You out too. I'm in Massachusetts. Where are You located?
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 08:05:54 AM »
Hi Brain,
We have Galil-1850 with Camsoft on a Gantry type 3-axis mill.
X-axis having Master/slave (X/U) configuration.
Spindle with 256ppr encoder.No ATC.
Five encoder feedbacks- X,Y,Z,U & S + one Handwheel 100ppr
Eager to know whether Mach3-galilĀ  plugin work on this configuration mainly the master/slave configuration .Of course galil card supports this function .
Thanks
sivaraj

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 01:00:28 AM »
Hello,
The only thing that I have not added is the support for the MPG.. I have an MPG about 10" away form getting connected ;)

The master slave should work like a champ...

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 01:25:53 AM »
Thank you.
In download section there two vesion available for download Mach3 R2.63 & Mach3Mach3 Dev. Update R3.041.
Which version should I try for galil setup.
Is there any document which explain Mach-3/Galil-18xx setup/configuration
Sivaraj
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 09:44:46 AM »
Hello,
I would just use Rev 2.063 to test.. You also need to get the Galil plugin from the plugins page. To install the plugin you need to download and double click the m3p file. Once you have that all installed you will need to setup the slaving and restart Mach3. As soon as you have done that you should be all set for some jogging tests :)

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 07:55:26 AM »
Hello Brain,
I installed the latest Mach3 and Galil plug in.
Galil's Smart terminal could communicates and Mach3 shows "Galil communication begun!!".
I am getting the "Galil error 46 Gear axis both Master and follower" .But no clue on what is wrong.
I have have selected X-axis as master for the 4th axis(slave)  from config .

Our card type is Galil pci 1850.
5-Main encoder inputs and 5- Aux encoder inputs.
All main encoders are connected for XYZ4 & S.
Now 100ppr MPG is connected to 5th auxilary encoder.Will this work or should I move to MPG connection to aux.encoder 1,2 or 3
Thanks