Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:10:42 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 and Galil ... Getting better  (Read 18871 times)

Mach3 and Galil ... Getting better
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:38:58 AM »
Hello Galil people...
I have been working for a router OEM on a galil for the past few days and I must say that I have it working better now then EVER!!!! I am running 3 axis and a tool changer (wine rack) .I will release a new plugin after I get back home, I think it will get everyone all fixed up :) .
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: Mach3 and Galil ... Getting better
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 05:45:05 PM »
Hi Brian I have a router using an older galil DMC-1040 card.  can I use mach3? ???
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:07:53 AM »
You are welcome to install it and try... Tell me if the card works for you :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:38:54 AM »
I have installed a DMC 1760, established communication with galil's smart term, sent commands, downloaded a program, verified encoder movement.
fantastic. I installed mach3, and mach3 shows communication established with the dmc 1760.
great. I can't seem to find any info on how to configure mach3 specific to galil products.
This project is urgent :)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
gromit68 I have installed both dmc1730optima- isa non-pnp and dmc1842 econo pci. Currently have no IO enabled because I needed to run some parts. So far everyting works okay exept the DRO screen in the curren config with the 1842. Of course this is a different Comp. I wanted to use something ffaster than my old isa bus machine which was 378 socket 1.3 Ghz.
As fars as getting to cutting speeds accurately with my old analog amps, running in velocity mode, I seem to be at 50ipm limit to be within a thou. My spindle is only capable of 3500rpm so 35ipm is max for me anyway in Alum. This is an old Kent mill (BP clone just heavier). So for right now I am using Alibrecam( watered down visualmill5) with Mach2 post. Mach3 post does not work from mechsoft! I do have to check the code and remove a few inconsistent lines "G43 0" "M3 53000" then runit! Works much better thatn Wingcnc and Camsoft CNClite out of the box. Also in Motor tuning seems my encoder counts have to be increased (linear scales 2540 ppi) to 2546 to be accurate in 4.000" to the thou.  Somehow this works but I do not know why. I'll post more as I add IO's
Anybody know why greyed out DRO screen?
David in Hillsborough
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 09:08:56 AM »
dmerrll -- thanks for the response! I have searched for very basic info and have been unable to find online. I have posted on multiple bulletin boards with limited success. I do not know how to specify to mach3 details of the dmc 1760. For example, the port address: is it one of the adresses in the range that appears in the setup page where I defined the IRQ for the card? I don't know how the printer port pin assignments relate to my ICM-2900 breakout box terminals. Galil has no info on how mach3 interacts, and from the mach3 side, well, there's no documentation yet. In other words, I am missing the very basic fundamentals of the setup. I can do the servo tuning, but I need to get to that point. Is there any chance you can call?
Thanks for the help.

-Jon --- cell 724-986-4726
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 09:07:50 PM »
You need to have the Galil registered on your system before you can use Mach3 to move the device...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 12:01:58 AM »
Brian, what Galil servo product would you say your current plung-in development is best suited to? What was that router OEM using that you mentioned at the top of the post?  Greg
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 08:17:28 AM »
Wehave been working with the 18xx and the 21xx

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »
Hi Brian

Any news on the solution for my DMC1760? The urgency has somewhat passed, but this is still a need I have.

thanks, Jon