Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:09:53 PM

Author Topic: Need setup help for smoothstepper and C25S BOB  (Read 11269 times)

Re: Need setup help for smoothstepper and C25S BOB
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »
Is the 184 plugin still available?

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 03:15:14 PM »
Are we talking about the same thing I am not referring to any mach4 screen but the ESS setup screen , if I have the wrong end of the stick then I am sorry

From reading your posts I assumed yo needed help I configuring the ESS C25x combo maybe I was wrong

As I said I have just done a 4 axis mill conversion from a Far East board no wiring diagram and all wires the same colour this included 9 limit switches it was simple to do from the info fron DTG and Warp9 and From the c25x manual

I will leave it to other my 70year old brain cell is tired

Stuart
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 03:42:31 PM »
Are we talking about the same thing I am not referring to any mach4 screen but the ESS setup screen , if I have the wrong end of the stick then I am sorry

From reading your posts I assumed yo needed help I configuring the ESS C25x combo maybe I was wrong

As I said I have just done a 4 axis mill conversion from a Far East board no wiring diagram and all wires the same colour this included 9 limit switches it was simple to do from the info fron DTG and Warp9 and From the c25x manual

I will leave it to other my 70year old brain cell is tired

Stuart

The Mach4 screens where you click on configure and then select plugins then either ESS warp9 tech design or Mach.  Selecting either one will open a configure screen.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 04:00:38 PM »
The only  difference in the ESS plugins 184 and 186 is that 186 has the PROBE enabled where as 184 didnt, and if i recall homing was added in 185, you have to remember when downgrading a plugin this could be bad as there might be a new way of doing things within the core and the old plugin may not have this implemented.

If you can explain what is different would help, if you follow the instructions Andy from Warp9 made in the link you cant go wrong.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 04:19:49 PM »
The only  difference in the ESS plugins 184 and 186 is that 186 has the PROBE enabled where as 184 didnt, and if i recall homing was added in 185, you have to remember when downgrading a plugin this could be bad as there might be a new way of doing things within the core and the old plugin may not have this implemented.

If you can explain what is different would help, if you follow the instructions Andy from Warp9 made in the link you cant go wrong.

DazTheGas

Ok one difference is input signals in the smoothstepper plugin configuration mapped Pin.  All I have there are port-pins but in the setup guide it shows things like IN ESTOP.  I think the pin config are the same though I don't know if I should select inputs or outputs.  The same thing in output signals.  All I have under mapped pin1 are just port-pins when I click the drop down.  

In the Mach configuration output signals the screens are completely different.  Mine has like X++ and X-- and so on.  

What is the bare minimum that I need to configure to get my motors right?  Also bare in mind I have 5 axis.
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 04:32:23 PM »
The only  difference in the ESS plugins 184 and 186 is that 186 has the PROBE enabled where as 184 didnt, and if i recall homing was added in 185, you have to remember when downgrading a plugin this could be bad as there might be a new way of doing things within the core and the old plugin may not have this implemented.

DazTheGas

just to be clear, I'm selecting the Mach4 6axis profile upon opening Mach4.  I'm not creating a profile because that only gives me 4 axis and I need 5 axis.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 04:58:17 PM »
This is possibly the best way of showing so started a new set of vids just for forum answers.

https://youtu.be/yRF16VmeVPE

Here is a very quick way of doing the X Axis (Motor 0) you will have to do same with all other motors.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2016, 05:06:38 PM »
This is possibly the best way of showing so started a new set of vids just for forum answers.

Here is a very quick way of doing the X Axis (Motor 0) you will have to do same with all other motors.

DazTheGas

Perfect, I definitely wasn't doing it right and that showed me a lot.  Thank you so much for doing that.  I'll follow the video and report back
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 06:50:46 PM »

DazTheGas

Ok I did exactly as the video instructed but the X axis would not jog.  The DRO moves but not the axis.  The green lights on the smoothstepper indicate communication with the PC is good.  I think maybe the C25S board?  I've heard some bad things about it. Jumpers 2 3 4 on the smoothstepper are jumped.  X axis step dir is 2 and 3 on the C25S.  Is there a way to remove the C25S and connect directly to the port pins on the smoothstepper?  Just the X axis?
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »

DazTheGas

I'm going to try a different approach. I saw this video you made https://youtu.be/HIE0k6mu2yc and I just happen to have the break out board in the video.  So I'm going to follow that video and hook it up.  It appears to support 5 axis.  I'll need to get that ribbon cable though.  Is there anything special about it?