Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:37:49 AM

Author Topic: Tool Offset Macro...  (Read 47348 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Tool Offset Macro...
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2016, 01:14:39 PM »
It seems to be a DRO update thing maybe, I might play with it some more when i get a chance, else its out with the calculator I guess.

I might remove the auto-load for the tool-table line, it does not show the new values for some reason but does if you manually load it??

I will also contact CS-Labs as mentioned.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »
Hi Dave
You may have mentioned it somewhere, but I haven't found it.
What version of Mach3 are you using, and are you using an ESS? If so, what firmware version for the ESS?

The reason I ask is that I KNOW, from personal experience, that some versions did not handle probing properly. Strange values got returned in the 200n variables at times, and other oddities. A few 'bumps' were experienced.

However, having updated to .062 and ESS u4f1a (weird, but I think that's right) I can now do probing with sub-micron resolution for thousands of cycles on end. I am even game to walk away while it is running!

Cheers
Roger

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 02:12:06 AM »
I think its on .066 but will have to check that on the setup, I am using the CS-Labs CSMIO-IP/A controller.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2016, 02:18:24 AM »
Ah. I have never used .066, but I have been warned against using it. Apparently it has many bugs. The normal recommendation from experienced users is .062. I would seriously suggest you consider changing to .062 and retesting.

I don't know the CS-Labs CSIO gear either.

Cheers
Roger

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 04:45:46 AM »
Ok will get 062 and try that,

I have had some success, it seems it may be possibly my fault, it crashes if the tool selected is NOT tool 0 or a zero-length tool, i.e. it will plunge if tool-length offset > 0.

Now, it was seemingly random because most of my tool table is empty, i am only messing with tools 1-4, zero is my Haimer probe or general purpose tool.

Then it seems that i had fixed this and put a bit of code in to stop it running if tool >0 BUT it is not reading this code so it let me run it anyway hence the crashes.

It looks at OemDro(42) tool Z offset which i thought was right but it seems I should try OemDro(32) tool length offset??

Or maybe look at OemDro(824) tool number???

I think the issue was likely my error but also the wrong code to block my error

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 05:42:04 AM »
A double error? Those are the good ones!
I do use the tool table, but so far only for the gang tooling on the lathe. It works great there.
I am using a good BT30 to ER25 adapter on the mill, and for now I am happy changing tools and collets by hand - and rezeroing the Z axis during this.

Cheers
Roger

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2016, 06:00:58 AM »
Junk 066 whether it is te issue or not as it has lots of other nice things in it that will bite you ;0

Ok I am trying to remember how I did it before I had the tool height setter, whether it will help or not I don't know.

I think what I did was called my probe T244 or something and called that tool with the relevant offset and then touched off the surface of the part and zeroed the  DRO, or maybe even just called M6T0 and G43H0 rather than having it set as a specific tool, shouldn't matter either way, the important think I think is touching off the material and setting the Z DRO to zero.
 I then loaded another tool up but didn't change the tool number or offset at this stage. I then brought that down to touch off the material and then pressed my Tool Set button. That button looked at the  Z DRO  and the value in there was the difference between the probe and the new tool, The script in the button popped up the box asking what tool number I wanted (actually offset number in reality) and I entered that into the box and pressed ok, the script then read the Z Dro and entered that into the tool table and that was the tool set. I then repeated for the other tools, always making sure the original height offset was kept the same.

Now as said this is only what I THINK I did, it was probably 8 or so years ago so memory is sketchy.

Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2016, 07:34:57 AM »
Ok, will be looking at this again before expensive tooling goes in ;)

Where do i find the good version for download?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2016, 07:44:15 AM »

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile