Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:33:17 PM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-A Mach4 lathe retrofit  (Read 11852 times)

CSMIO/IP-A Mach4 lathe retrofit
« on: May 04, 2016, 04:46:05 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm doing a retrofit of a small lathe using the csmio/ip-a module, plus the enc & mpg modules once they arrive. I've just got a few queries regarding the functionality of the mach4 plugin cslabs have provided. I've tried setting up my spindle today, but can't seem to get any analog voltage. I reverted back to mach3 briefly and can get the spindle running easily. The setup is slightly different in mach4 and I'm not familiar with it yet. I just wondered if anyone has already got a machine running on the same setup? I've read that threading and rigid tapping aren't supported so far and will be coming in a later upgrade, any ideas when these updates are likely to be?

Thanks.
Re: CSMIO/IP-A Mach4 lathe retrofit
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 02:19:33 AM »
Hello
if you mean the G84, to date January 2020 does not work yet, I know for sure why my friend has your controller and it does not work (he has a mill).
did you use the cycle G76 ??

Offline Shaom

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 06:39:39 AM »
G32 / G76 isnt working with Mach4 and CSMIO for me too.
After reach point XZ - G76 command is freezing. Nothing happens.
Cs-lab wrote to me, that they are working on it and threading will be fixed in future plugin update. no ETA.
Is there anyone who has working CMSIO + Mach4 G97/G32 threading?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 01:55:06 PM »
I have the same problem .. G76 and G32 do not work with Mach4 and CSMIO IP-A .. Any help?
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 03:55:40 AM »
I with CSMIO IP S can thread.
synchronism is excellent.
the only problem (which is very important) is that if I inevitably have to resume the threading cycle to reach the necessary dimensions, there is the risk of throwing the piece away because it does not always start from the same point, as a result I spoil the thread previously created.
I have already reported this problem several times to cslab, but they reply that their controller is only responsible for synchronism, the route calculations there do Mach4.
what kind of spindle do you use?

I add a note
on my lathe, I have a single interval.
but a friend of mine who has mechanical intervals, despite the fact that the table has been correctly compiled, (therefore the scheduled shifts correspond to the real for each interval)
the thread pitch is totally wrong !!!
to do it well, he must deliberately enter an incorrect step that he finds (now I don't remember if he multiplies or divides) using the ratio value for the step.
is something that absolutely must be solved !!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:08:38 AM by daniba73 »
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 05:34:24 PM »
Hello, from what I read, you have managed to synchronize for threading.
I have a problem that the tool is positioned but does not advance.
Could you help me to see how you have done the encoder configuration? If you have done something special? I did not get to work. It would be a great help. I have the csmio ip + csmio encoder.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 10:22:51 AM »
Hello Daniba , from what I read, you have managed to synchronize for threading.
I have a problem that the tool is positioned but does not advance.
Could you help me to see how you have done the encoder configuration? If you have done something special? I did not get to work. It would be a great help. I have the csmio ip + csmio encoder.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 10:38:33 AM »
Hello.
first of all IP A supports the thread ?? you asked CsLab ??
there are functions that work on the IP S, while on the IP A they do not work.
do you use mechanical ranges?
the impulses are set right to 10000 ?? (2500 * 4).
what kind of motor do you use for the spindle ??
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 10:50:29 AM »
Hi Daniba, I insist again to thank you for answering.
Let's see about the questions you ask me.
According to cslab the csmio ip-a if it can do the threading, told us to put the csmio on it. that with that if we were going to be able. the encoder if it tells us the real rpm.
If I use mechanical ranges, the cnc lathe had a cnc control siemens sinumerik old and we were no longer given technical service for that control so we decided to put this one.
the encoder we use is 4096 pulses, 1024 * 4.
the motor is controlled by a servomotor.
Let's see if we can get it started. thanks
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »
do you manage this spindle motor with 0-10 volt analog output?
have you tried to remove the tick on wait for rpm stabilization? (or a similar phrase).
what plugin are you using ??
mach4 version ??