Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 01:53:15 AM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-A Mach4 lathe retrofit  (Read 11883 times)

Re: CSMIO/IP-A Mach4 lathe retrofit
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »
Hi there Today the cslab people answered me again. They have told me that they will test next week on their machine that they have tests. From there they will inform us. We are in touch. Gretting
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2020, 11:45:11 AM »
since you are in contact to solve the problem, if they succeed in the thread (I doubt, give your evidence),
tell him to repeat the same empty cycle several times, because one of the main problems of the thread is that, if you repeat the cycle to reach the desired size, the previous thread is damaged or completely ruined.
but here I think it is Mach4's fault, and not Csmio.

I add another sore point to the thread.
if mechanical ranges are used, therefore with ratios, despite the correct compilation of the table in the spindle-related ratios, the wire pitches are totally wrong !!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:53:16 AM by daniba73 »
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2020, 11:46:45 AM »
Hi there Today the cslab people answered me again. They have told me that they will test next week on their machine that they have tests. From there they will inform us. We are in touch. Gretting

I hope so ... Because it is causing me serious damage. My dissatisfied customer, with my bet on this CSMIO Lab system. I think Vital system would be the best and most reliable option. I agree with @Joeaverage. They have no interest in fixing that.

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »
5 years after the release of mach4, they still don't know if their plugins work ...
on some points I am still far behind.
I have warned them several times of the wrong thread with the use of the mechanical range ...
solutions ...
never even one !!

I repeat again:
in my case, with IP-S the thread executed in single cycle is perfect.
if you have to go over it again, you must inevitably discard the piece, because it ruins the previously created thread.
on this point, I think the cause is of Mach4 and not of CsLab.
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2020, 09:37:57 PM »
Hi daniba73,

I think the cause is of Mach4 and not of CsLab.

Wrong....thread synchronization is the SOLE responsibility of the controller.

Every other  threading capable controller (Hicon, ESS, PoKeys, and PMDX) can all synchronize the thread
restarts when multiple passes are required.......but not CSMIO.

Its CSLabs responsibility to fix it, there is nothing Mach4 can do....its sitting on the other side of the motion buffer
of several hundred milliseconds.....it CANNOT synchronize a thread restart.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2020, 01:32:39 AM »
then if it is as you say, cslab must be done.
because all the money we paid to buy their hardware was good from the first to the last penny!
and now we are the ones who demand functions perfectly.
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2020, 02:43:58 AM »
Hi daniba73,
I agree, CSLabs make very nice hardware....there is no doubting the quality and care taken in the manufacture of them.
Up until a couple of years ago they also had a market leading reputation for supporting their customers and fixing
any shortcomings in their firmware.

About that time they released their first Mach4 plugin, and to be fair to them its not bad....but it has bugs....and they have
not made the effort to fix them.

Given the premium money they command for their boards I think it very poor service. At least they reply to your emails
which puts them ahead of the Chinese....but not by much. Keep on them.

Given that you are in Europe do you not have the ability to make a legal claim? If I did not get any satisfaction I would persue
them in court if required.

Craig
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2020, 04:39:16 PM »
I sell first I ...
Mach3 users are still many.
in any case I still want to wait. after all, it's in their best interest to sort things out.
it takes a long time to build a reputation.
it takes little time to lose it.
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
Hi,

after all, it's in their best interest to sort things out.
Yes it is.......so why haven't they....this problem has been around for over a year. I don't think they give a s*********t.

Craig
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2020, 05:29:16 AM »
I saw that they updated 3,205 plugins
have you tried it?
have solved the thread problems?
if I have time today I do tests.
what version of Mach4 do you use?