Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 07:34:29 PM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-A Mach4 lathe retrofit  (Read 11903 times)

Re: CSMIO/IP-A Mach4 lathe retrofit
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 04:20:27 PM »
Hi, as soon as I can, I'll update it to see if it's out there.
Do not buy the encoder because as I already mentioned we have made a retrofit of the lathe. The machine was working, the problem went away and we put this in control.
So we are using the encoder that I already had.
My lathe is a large one, a bench of 2m and a plate of 400mm.
As it is not the update, or that it derives from somewhere, I do not know where to throw it, it took more than 2 years to see if we managed to make the threading work, we asked the cslab and it told us that they would correct the firmware error.
But at the moment nothing, the machine works perfectly less the threading.
From what I see people do thread with mach4.
Thanks for everything, I will update what I said and I'll tell you to see if it works. Thank you
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 04:30:14 PM »
yes, first thing to do, update mach4 and plugins.
so you are not sure that your IP A supports the thread ???
I ask this because at present the G84 is active only on IP S.
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 04:52:59 PM »
Well, we asked cslab and they told us that with the csmio enc if it could be threaded. But we are seeing that no. We wrote back to them and they said it was a firmware problem that they would fix it. We have been for 2 years and it remains the same. The tool is positioned and does not advance. The only thing we have left is the update.
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2020, 04:26:03 AM »
have you tried to update Mach4 and plugins?
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2020, 04:40:40 AM »
Hi Daniba.
I still haven't been able to. Right now I have work and I couldn't stop updating. As soon as I can I inform you.
I have written again to the technical service. Let's see what they tell me.
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2020, 10:02:23 PM »
Hello, I have the same problem, exactly the same with CSMIO Ip-A. I already wrote to them and had no answer.
In my experience, in all other CNCs, when we do not have the encoder reference signal (Io and / Io), they also stop after positioning the axes to start the thread. If we do not have the other encoder signals, we have a feedback error, as we do not have the rotation within the limits, etc. But with the fault of reference signals, nothing is reported. In reality, only the encoder reference signal the CNC needs to make the thread.
With that I left to see the reference signal and noticed that.
1. I was using an encoder with 5000 impulse ie x 4 = 20000 pulses.
2. On the CSMIO ENC leds, I didn't see the reference signal, (of course it is very short). But in reality the positive sign did not exist. So I inverted with the negative sign and changed the parameter of the plugin, saying that it was active at zero. No result either.
My bet now is: I will change the encoder for one with 500 pulses, that is 2000 pulses, with that the width of the reference pulse will be bigger. That's my bet now.
I will make this change until 7/4.
Otherwise, I hope as you will be a help, and a solution for this, because I bought this equipment to be able to work, without it I can say that CSMIO is not being very attentive to us.

Good luck, and if successful, I'll let you know.
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 01:48:47 AM »
5000 point encoders are too many, the signal is too small.
try then let us know.
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 10:16:14 AM »
Hello Prendice Quirino Jr.
In my case, the reference pulse is visible to the naked eye, but as you say, it passes very quickly. Maybe he doesn't have time to read that signal.
We also tried to reverse the signal to negative and nothing.
I have tried almost everything, they told us it was a firmware problem but at the moment there are no results.
But we see that with csmio ip S if it is possible because Daniba if it is threading.
I have also tried with the index, only 1 pulse and I could not.
Mach technical support does not provide solutions.
I have been told that they do not develop cslab handling. I will write to them to see what they tell me ...
We are in contact here to see if with the tests you do and with what they answer, we can solve the problem.
Greetings Thank you
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2020, 02:03:04 PM »
Jose Luis, I tried with the 500 pulse encoder, and it didn't work. CSMIO Lab send anything?
We are in a critical situation, as I see that only with their help can we have this function (Thread) working.
I sold this machine, promising that it would make thread.
Maybe migrate to Vital System.
I look forward to your good news. Thanks
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 03:03:23 PM »

Hello Prendice Quirino Jr.
If you answered me today, I told you about the problem we have, I have told you that there are several people with this problem.
What they have told me in the first place is that if we have updated the latest version of the firmware, that in this latest version is supposed to have corrected the error. I updated it 2 weeks ago and it doesn't work for me. The last update was released on February 10, so ... they will keep informing me on the other hand, to see if we can get it.
Do you have the firmware and mach 4 updated right now? I still need to update mach 4. It is for talking to them to see if they give us a solution.
We are in contact and with what they tell me I will tell you.
Regard.