Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:51:54 PM

Author Topic: Weird rotary axis issue???????????????  (Read 15014 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Weird rotary axis issue???????????????
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 01:19:35 AM »
with the stop button it should just stop what code did you use with your cycle stop button

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 01:26:13 AM »
Yes, with the Stop button and an ESS it does stop almost immediately.
One would like it to FeedHold though.

Cheers
Roger

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 01:37:46 AM »
yer yer Rodger not arguing never would with you.

Taraks screen set I can't see a feed hold button that's why I am asking about the cycle stop button, and ask about if there is a way to make feed hold work faster on the ESS forum I would like to know that one my self with my big router at fall wack feed hold is well I don't like to use it a half inch router bit goes everywhere if it crashes and I hit feed hold it does not stop fast enough, for some reason I have to have a big buffer.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 03:59:49 AM »
Hi Dude

Feedhold: I have just checked on my system and the ESS.
We know that Mach3 can tell the ESS to Stop immediately, because the Stop button does just that. Obviously it sends a packet over the ethernet to the ESS which contains an immediate Stop command. So that concept works.

There is an option in the ESS config menu to select whether the Feedhold is done by Mach or by the ESS. If you select Mach then it empties the buffer - which as noted can take a little while. I will guess that if you select 'by the ESS' then Mach itself will also feedhold, but it will send the equivalent of a 'stop' command through to the ESS immediately.

But of course there is a problem here. If you tell Mach to Stop, then you are going to have to restart from the beginning (unless you trust the 'proceed from here' option - I don't. If you do a Feedhold to Mach, the buffer is emptied in a controlled manner and you can sometimes successfully tell Mach to continue. Mind you, I don't trust that option either.

But what happens when you do a Feedhold which is passed immedately to the ESS? What happens to all the stuff in the buffer - both the Mach transmit buffer and the ESS internal buffer? Short answer: I don't know. In a perfect world the ESS might resume smoothly ... maybe. Would I trust it to always do this? NOT without a lot of testing.

For your big router, I can only suggest you hit the Stop button before the cutter goes through the roof. Zero SHOULD be preserved, so you could restart from the beginning.

Cheers
Roger

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 05:54:44 AM »
I do hit stop, feed hold in M3 is ok for the times when there is no problems, but when there is na I wont use it.

when Mach 4 is working better and the ESS plug is finished it'S at 85% they just have to do the changes when M4 is changed and get the probing working, the feed hold problem is no more.

Andy will be getting back to me soon I have asked if they can have a look at this thread to see if they can work out what is wrong, what my be the buffer over flowing when Taraks runs the Axis more than one turn, and making the machine crash hard, what could trip the machine.

has profile .XML would help

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 03:47:24 PM »

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 07:07:41 PM »
Thanks dude1, I'll have a read when I get a spare minute.

I took rcaffins advice and installed v.062 and it DID fix my issue, WOOHOO! sort of........ the feedhold seemed to work at first, it would pause a basic program, but as soon as I ran a more complex program, the feedhold will NOT stop the machine moving, if I can get past this hurdle I think the problem would be solved.

Oh, I meant to mention, the CYCLE STOP & CYCLE START buttons on my screen don't get used, I have an actual switch panel, I realised early on that when I create a screen I still need the buttons on the screen, otherwise I cannot test the screen, I did think about putting them on the TAB screen though, I only use the TAB screen for all the diagnostic LEDs and such....slightly off topic

Thanks guys!

BTW, I've attached my XML

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 07:30:39 PM »
Hi Tarak

Better read the Warp9 stuff soon. It explains about Feedhold and what limits apply to it. If you have a large buffer set up and the instructions are for long moves as well, it can be quite a while before the machine will stop. This is not a fault of Mach3: it is inherent in the use of a PC plus external engine (such as ESS).

Mind you, I am not 100% convinced that Mach3 .062 will ALWAYS obey the Feedhold button - but it will obey the Stop button. It's just that I have had to poke the Stop button a few times myself when Feedhold did not seem to be working.

Cheers
Roger

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »
you have a very high Kernel speed set 45000Hz.

I got some good info out of Andy and Rob it gives me something to try

they give a good explanation of what you can do and what the trade off is

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »
The advice from Warp9 is that going to a higher kernal speed than 25 kHz may not be either necessary or wise.

Cheers
Roger