Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:46:28 AM

Author Topic: Wizards (cicrle cut by Kiran does not work)  (Read 2649 times)

Wizards (cicrle cut by Kiran does not work)
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:24:02 AM »
New to this forum new to the cnc world. I converted an old bridge port cnc mill and installed new stepper motors.  I am running Mach 3 (demo version). I down loaded Mach 3 about 2 years ago. The computer is not hooked up to the internet. The one problem that I'm having is with the Wizards  Cut Circle by Kiran. When you open the cut circle wizards by Kiran and type necessary  number to make the circle and then press the button post a G code, the tool display box on the upper right goes  blank and nothing happens. And when you press the exit button it will only post the G code that is by default programed. How can I solve this problem?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards (cicrle cut by Kiran does not work)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 11:25:53 AM »
When you click 'Post G Code' do you get any message come up on screen, below that button ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:38:15 AM »
Thank you for your reply. No error message comes up on the screen.  Should I update software because it 2 year project to get this far?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »
Unlikely but it is possible that there are problems with the version of Mach3 that you are using.
By popular opinion, the best version to be using is R3.043.062 and it can be downloaded from here ftp://anonymous:guest@machsupport.com/Mach3/Mach3Version3.043.062.exe

Some information taken from the Downloads page…

When available, updates for Mach3 and the Add-ons are posted on the Downloads & Update page. To update to the newest version, follow the procedure below:

1) Backup the following to the desktop, or even better, a USB drive:
•   XML(Profile) – This stores you’re settings for Mach3, if you lose it you will need to re-setup you’re ports and pins, motor tuning, etc.
•   Screensets
•   Macros/Brains
2) Download the current version of Mach3 from the Downloads & Update page.
3) Install the downloaded version; allow the install path to default to where Mach3 is installed.

WARNING: If you do not backup the files in Step 1, you will lose ALL settings and configurations.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 03:07:27 PM »
Just tested it out and it works fine for me.
Can you put up a screenshot of the settings you are entering?

Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 09:04:35 PM »
Problem solved.
Tweakie. I reinstalled software and problem is solved.
Thank you for all  input and help.
I will be back once I get it up and running.
Lou