Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:47:03 AM

Author Topic: Lcam 2.0...  (Read 64896 times)

Lcam 2.0...
« on: May 04, 2007, 03:56:49 PM »
Hello,
Lcam Rev 2.0 is out and there is a video on line telling you a bit about how it works... you can't do Foam with this version (So if you need that please Do NOT Install Rev 2 at this time) . Please try this version and tell us what you think and I also think that you will find many things that you have asked for in this version :)

One known bug is that you can't do turn in Dia mode ... I have to do a bit more work in that section :( But Mill and plasma should be working...

Thanks
Brian

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
Re: Lcam 2.0...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:21:33 PM »
Hi Brain and Art
 Before i tell you of a problem i have i want to Thank you guys for the hard work you do to make oures easier one thing I had to smile about is the OOOPS button you hit the nail on the head with that one  I have a problem if I want to change from the inside left or the outside right if I double click the lead in I get the LEAD CONFIGURATION box coming up if I change inside left to outside right or back and fort it dose not change on the tool path 
                                                    THANK AGAIN

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 05:27:05 PM »
Hi, Art, Brian

The problem of moving origin with mouse is working fine with new Ver., Never could get it to work hear with Prev. Versions.

Let the Games Begin Thanks, Chip

PS: Left out the "WOW" !!!!! Wo---h---oo

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 05:31:56 PM »
Hi Brain
I did get the lead in and out problem working but i do not know what I did Differnt
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:26:33 PM »
If you can find a way to break it every time we can fix it :)  I will keep an eye out for that problem..

Chip, I didn't tell anyone but there are a few more words in the posting word list. You and a few others are the only ones that have made posts for Lcam and I just wanted to tell you. I will be making a Doc for posting but it will be after we are done adding to it.

Have fun guys and keep telling us what you need
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 03:55:37 AM »
1. Duplicate. line in lower left Square is missed by old and new LC, with Remove Redundant lines Checked or Un-Checked, Load Options.

2. Dots are missed in Layer_3_ Dot, with Remove Dots Checked or Un-Checked Load Options, or with Layer Enabled Checker, Old ver Worked.

Jumped the gun hear Previous Post, "The problem of moving origin with mouse is working fine with new Ver., Never could get it to work hear with Prev. Versions".

3. What I find is If I load the Attached file and don't zoom in on the Origin Marker first and Move it, LC errors to Windows error report.

Once I've moved it and double click to default size window it seems to work fine from then on, Sofar.

I have the same version of Visual Studio you use, If I could get some partial source code, New or Old that covers this type of Origin move and  a little guidence from someone maybe we could track this problem down and be done with it.

I've reported this before with Debug of program with EXE file but its in Assembly code, Guess this is hard to work with,

I have the time and computer with this problem, Would like to help on this if you have a way, This problem is causing a few others problems also.

Another Great Advance In New LC, This is So-----Nice.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:59:34 AM by afn09556 »
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 12:36:18 PM »
Hello Brian
Is this the version that has the fixes for turning where it post corectly for a lathe.

Rg's
Dennis
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 02:43:29 PM »
it will work as long as you use Rad mode...

www.machsupport.com

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 10:03:22 PM »
Hi Art and Brian,

Well... ya got my money today... gladly given. Great improvements. Remarkable what you guys can do with no sleep, and chatting on the net everyday!  ;D

The first thing I tried was Turn, since that is what I need the most... I have a couple of other MillCAM apps.

I can't seem to get g-code output. I read the thread on dxf prep, and tried the AOuterProfile.dxf sample. All the steps seem to go through, but no roughing or finish profiles are generated.

I did get one other dxf to work, but it was a non-conforming version. The g-code had some way out there values for "K"?

Here are my files and images for your spare time perusing.  ;)

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 10:05:54 PM »
Here's the rest...

Thanks, Paul, Central OR