Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:07:05 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 / Darwin setup  (Read 20205 times)

Re: Mach4 / Darwin setup
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 01:04:10 AM »
If you uninstall Darwin to try reinstalling it ....you have to go into the windows device manager and uninstall it.... I wouldn't even worry about mapping the signals to Mach4 until you can jog the motors with the jog ball in the Darwin config. I would check through the ports and pins and make sure the negate check box is set right maybe try it both ways and just work on getting one axis going at a time. you said the e-stop works so I would assume your port address is right.
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 10:30:54 PM »
I am back to as far as I have been.............
I have.............in Darwin
Deleted Sim
Deleted M3,4 and 5 macros
I have port 1set on 0x0378
motors 0,1,2 enabled
Pins for step 16,4,6  Dir 17,5,7 all on port one, negate checked on all.
input signal 1 set on pin 10 negated for emergency
no other inputs enabled, no outputs enabled.
I get green lights and velocity movement on when using job ball.
No physical motor movement.
M4 motors set at 10000 counts per unit,80 units velocity,8 units acceleration inch units
motors 0,1,2 enabled as X,Y,Z
homing as 2,2,1 order
input 1 as emerrgency enabled, no other inputs or outputs enabled
When viewing diagnostic page and jogging  machine status changes from idle to jogging
feed rate goes to 40.8
i/o lights status input 1 green all others dark
outputs enable 0,1,2 all green others dark
When disabled, input 1 stays green, enables go dark
after a time, history file says license file failure and no more dro movement when jogging
If i load license, and restart as instructed, machine crashes.

BAR

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 10:50:55 PM »
when you install Darwin do you run the test engine in the Darwin folder or do you use the setup.exe..... I checked this last night and you can run the Darwin test engine and move the motors without even having Mach4 open. did you bump up the jog speed and the accel in the Darwin setup... also you might try checking in the windows devise manager and make sure Darwin is installed and that it's on the same port address.

Dave
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 11:08:27 PM »
Dave
The test engine without Mach open produces the same results, the jog ball goes green and the step pin in the port setup changes color. I bumped up the controlls and the speed looks good.  I went to the Device manager, and i can find no place that tells me what Darwin is set to as far as port address.
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:21 PM »
Typo in license file, it now works as it should

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »
don`t ya hate when that happens
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 08:13:38 PM »
the license file works......... still no motors!!!

Patton your note is intriguing.  Because it still acts like a port problem, but it worked with M3........... So does Darwin handle the port differently than M3?

Do I have to have anything in Outputs set?
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »
Here I thought ya got it running..... in my post I made a mistake.... and meant to say go into the dive manager and in the printer port and it will tell the port address... sorry about that... but I guess if Mach3 works and your using the same port address then Darwin should work too. you might need to have the enable on in the outputs. at least I think thats in the outputs.

Dave

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 08:57:11 PM »
when you go into Darwin what does the water fail put out put up a screen shot of it
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 10:17:31 PM »
hopefully this is readable