Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:01:01 PM

Author Topic: PHOTOvCARVE problems!!  (Read 37197 times)

Re: PHOTOvCARVE problems!!
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2014, 06:28:37 PM »
How does that work?  Does it mess up the license if you uninstall and reinstall too many times because I have dumped and reinstalled mach 3 about 8 or 9 times.
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »
Ok, I have put the new cable on, tried 4 separate computers and I still get the same problem as I started out with.
The bit wants to auger down into the material, drag across the work piece and then pull up, then continue to NOT carve any thing but it sure looks great moving around NOT carving any thing.

So I have come to the conclusion.   The Gecko is crapped out, Mach3 is crapped out or all of the above.  The gecko I have a warranty on which I will be using.  Mach3 I dont think there is anything they can do if their product doesnt play well with any of the 5 computers, cables or controller boards....it just means I need to find a new post processor that does.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2015, 04:22:46 PM »
that sucks that it still wont play nice does its still work ok doing cuts in cut 2D
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2015, 04:31:15 PM »
It wont do anything now.
I can no longer use it for a thing.  Except be a conversational piece for my coffee table.
I am researching another control unit but I am so unsure of what is worth the price and what isn't.
$4000 into this and I still can't use it.....

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »
see if you can find someone near you to come help.

if you are using the default G540 config all you need to change is the stepper values and it should work. do you have safe Z set to 0.25
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2015, 07:23:57 PM »
I believe I had it at .2 for most of the time I had it running and since i have been trying to make it work again I have had it from 0.0 to .8 and back again.  Just tried it again.  The issue is if I set it to anything but o.o it digs into the material, drags over to the begin spot and then the head pulls up and it moves the table around OK but the tool is now OUT of the work.  When I reverse the Z I lose all calibrations and it wont go back and stay set. So I go back to unreversed and i am stuck where I started.
I will scan the forums of all the CNC groups I watch and see if there is someone I can get to come and beat on this infernal machine until it cooperates.
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »
I have come to a conclusion that isn't part of the problem right now.  I need to do a butt load of work/study on this whole mach3 thing because a couple things I thought were auto matic are not and somethings that I thought wouldn't play a roll in anything "I" would do...they probably will and very soon if I continue using mach3.  I am going to hunker down and read more of the manual, watch more vids and see if there is something I changed with out knowing it because there are some bigass confusing things with this program and that...well it frustrates me highly.  I am never happy when something that I would expect to be a tad more simpler turns out to be overwhelmingly complicated unless you are already an expert on everything "cnc".

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »
that's a good idea your problem is strange

watch the youtube videos by hoss its where I learnt most of the M3 stuff I know

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjoRKEpk7uE5Wzf4b-IFTFg