Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:52:56 PM

Author Topic: PHOTOvCARVE problems!!  (Read 37196 times)

Re: PHOTOvCARVE problems!!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 11:16:11 PM »
I tried it.  I ran it straight as you sent it.  had to estop it because it snet my bit so far into the work piece it almost found oil.
Anyhow I got the zeros set so it wouldnt crash into the stops and tried it again.  Several different image files.
maybe you can make a simple file and send it to me and I can see if it runs on my machine?  I can compare and see if I am doing something wrong here because its the same thing all the time.  Soon as GO is pressed the bit dips down into the material and carves a trench to the start point ruining the face of the wood and then makes a nice boarder with no image. 

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
thats cool I have a 2 year old that jumps out windows
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 11:39:59 PM »
my condolences. The boy is 4 also and likes to take unaccompanied walks down the country road. I have had to put an alarm on his door so we are alerted when he grabs his sister and wants to take a stroll in the middle of the night.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 12:00:17 AM »
delete the xml I first sent try this one I have it locked to inch 

now try doing an air cut of something that has worked before not a photovcarve if its ok after checking that it is in inch mode it should not change and if the file runs fine try a photovcarve just do an air cut if it does not work as it should.

it has to be something with the computer as there is nothing strange happening with me just doing sims of your files on the xml you sent and the one I sent you.

you can use an computer to check setting with mach3 it does not need a pp for just testing I am using a laptop to do testing of files before I put them on the machines computer with the same xml
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »
gonna try it now
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 12:39:43 AM »
Im done for the night.  Now I can't get cut2D to cut the path I use for making my phone holder.  it's doing the same thing as the PVC.  This is insane.  Not happy.  heading to bed.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 12:53:14 AM »
in morning go back to your original xml if cut 2d works properly on your old xml something is really wrong somewhere ever your machines computer or somewhere else I will post you a cut2d file and a photovcarve done in inch from here if the cut2d file is fine of what I send you try the photo Vcarve file if its still bad then its not cut2d or photo vcarve where the problem is

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 01:18:09 AM »
I cant send you a cut2d file don't have it any more I will send a vcarve pro file it might work

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 01:41:29 AM »
here`s the two file try on your original xml try the vcarve file first if its good try the photo vcarve they both are in inch they should run fine.

if the photo vcarve file works try one of your own that will test your version verses mine if your one fails report this to vectric if both fail going back to your orginal xml but the vcarve file works and one from cut2d works.
it could well be your computer if you can get another one with pp to try do it, its the only way to know if it is the computer.

I will run it on my machine tomorrow only need to change a couple of settings 
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
wow.... just....wow. The whole things is screwed. Jogs don't work properly and the X axis wont tune. I set everything back to the way I had it before all this and that didn't help.
So done with this for now. I need to step away from it.  Thanks for the help.  This has really been a bad investment from the beginning... Money pit, time pit.  So done with it.  To date I have spent more time working on it than it has actually produced, Almost spent twice on it that paid for it.  

Thanks for the help, how you have a great Christmas.