Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:14:36 AM

Author Topic: PHOTOvCARVE problems!!  (Read 37190 times)

Re: PHOTOvCARVE problems!!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 05:10:19 AM »
Yes, I always make sure I am always in inches.  Every time.  
And I did post the gcode and I posted the ".pvc" file.
the PVC file wont load since it isnt in the "allowed" list for this forum.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:14:30 AM by DingusMcgee »
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
Guess I will have to find a different program to either replace mach3 or the photovcarve.  No one can figure out whats going on.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 06:11:33 PM »
you cant post .pvc files on here just put it in a zip file and post it.

I had a look at the first .txt file you posted it did it for me simulating it, going up and down with not going anywhere so there is a problem with photovcarve or M3 settings.

the cat one did not have any problems try setting the line angle to 90 not 30 see if this helps it could just be a combination of tool, cut angle and what's at the start point makeing your machine to have a mental
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:17:34 PM by daniellyall »
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 07:00:06 PM »
Im done.  No matter what I try I get the same results.  Setting it as described by the tutorials and other people it's the same result.  The tool dips down in the the wood and then cuts a groove to the start point, begins cutting edges but not cutting the actual image.  I really feel I have wasted money on this program now and don't see anything getting better.  The worst part is that it drops the tool down from zero into the wood on the way to the start point ruining any chance of making an image and then wont carve the image.
Here is the pvc file.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 07:20:30 PM »
could find no problems there before you give up have you posted this to vectric forum.

also do you have another computer you can run mach3 on I am asking this so if you do set up mach3 on it with your profile run a sim of the cut on another computer if this problem is still there its your settings if not its your computer running the machine.

if you don't post your xml so I am running the same config as your machine its going to be the only way to see where the problem is coming from don't give up yet lets just do this test.

as some computer seem to run like a bag of poo and have all sort`s of different problems running mach3 the computer on my big machine has to be started twice to work as it should.
my other machine has never had any problems running what ever version of mach3 or what ever xml on put on it.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 09:02:24 PM »
here is the file
None of the PC's I make have a parallel port so I am using an older unit that is slower.  I will be getting a network version of my g540 and putting the other one on my lathe but for now I am using this one.  I have rebooted and cussed and called it dirty names and it still is the same old story.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 09:46:46 PM »
its your setting that's the problem it does some trucked up things

some of your setting are wrong and you don't have anything useful in the initialization settings, hitting home all moves the z axis it should not do that and in general logic config you have ij mode set to Absolute it should be on inc.

I run a G540 as well I don't have the charge pump on you don't need to have it on

I will make some changes and repost it with a different name so you can just do a air cut test to see if it helps
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:55:06 PM by daniellyall »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »
your Z is fine no changes need to be made to your main set up just a couple of setting are set wrong  
I was wrong about Z home
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:26:41 PM by daniellyall »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
right here a test one for you try this just load it up then restart M3 turn the charge pump off switch on g540 as well.

load your photo vcarve file  set your Z zero work position (in a safe spot) do a air cut no tool in holder see how you go
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »
Thanks, Ill load this right up.
Sorry for the delay I had to handle the horrible dramas of a 4yo little grand daughter, they have so many things to deal with at that age right?
Any how let me try this new xml