Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:34:34 AM

Author Topic: PHOTOvCARVE problems!!  (Read 37325 times)

PHOTOvCARVE problems!!
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:36:28 PM »
Ok, I have issues with PhotoVcarve.
here is my issue:
I set up a project, get it set really well.  I set surface of material as 0, center of work piece as 0...blah blah.
When I click start the head dips down a bit and cuts through the material, goes to the edge of the work area and proceeds to cut into the material but when it moves across the area to be carved it goes way above the material and only cuts the edges.
I have sent the files to another person with photovcarve and it works perfectly for them.
That leaves me to believe it is mach3 that is causing this problem since I can run any other cam design and mill program on a project and it runs perfectly so I need some serious help

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: PHOTOvCARVE problems!!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 12:04:41 AM »
try slowing your machine down make sure it calibrated first
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:11:02 AM »
The calibrations is checked after each project if I cut aluminum when I am done giving it a good cleaning.  I checked the calibration several times thinking Z has changed.  Calibrations is spot on.  I have made sure the selection for inches is always checked etc.
Created several test tool paths with variations in feed speed from slow enough to loose a foot race with a melting ice cube in the north pole to a fair speed for the wood I am using to just above and just below fair speed.  Plunge speed, max depth of cut, different tool sizes, types and I think I even convinced it that it was a cat...not sure, will have to check.

I have cursed it, called it dirty names.  I have pet it, called it pretty and slapped it's butt twice.

I have manually tweaked the Z numbers while in MACH3 ad got just a little bit of acceptable tool interface but that would mean I would have to change over 2000 lines of Z code and that is so very unacceptable.

Here is a video of what the tool is doing. As I said before.  Everything works perfectly on any other project but when I tell it to run this program Mach3 doesn't seem to like it.  When other users of PVC try my code it runs like a champ for them.  

It cant be the material because the machine will drop down into the material...which it isn't supposed to do, on the way to the starting point.  I can manually eliminate that part of the code.  What seems to be happening is that mach is either seeing the rest of the code and misinterpreting it or isn't able to handle the type of work it is being asked to do or is unable to handle the amount of work being asked of it and is unable to keep up even though, as I have said, I have run it painfully slow.  By the timer on the program it would have taken 27 hours for one of the speed settings I chose.
I do believe I am screwed out of my time and money not beiing able to have one of the 3 components not be able to do and sort of complicated project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9SHlPL_jaQ&feature=youtu.be JUST A NOTE!  The beginning of the run I had set the Z zero in THIS video so that it wouldn't auger in to the material and burrow a trough through it to the start point but the fact that it digs into the material on the "edge" pass but doesn't touch the wood ay other pass should be a clue as to the issues.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:14:16 AM by DingusMcgee »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 01:32:59 AM »
sound more like you have the settings wrong in photo vcarve the work hight could be wrong I use photo vcarve never had this problem

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 01:36:30 AM »
looked at vid that's wrong pop you pic flie up I would like to look at not the gcode the whole thing
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 02:05:16 AM »
sound more like you have the settings wrong in photo vcarve the work hight could be wrong I use photo vcarve never had this problem
Everyone that has run the code has had no issues with it, it ran as it is supposed to run.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 02:06:10 AM »
looked at vid that's wrong pop you pic flie up I would like to look at not the gcode the whole thing

Not sure I understood what you said.  You want to look at the code?
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 02:09:06 AM »
Here is the code.

AGAIN...  The video posted is after I reset the Z axis higher so it wouldnt drop down and cut the material on it's way to the start point ruining the work piece.  The end result is EXACTLY the same weather I move the z axis zero or not.  Edges are cut (only not as deep) and no other cut being made.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 02:23:37 AM »
the pic file you use to make the code

take it all the way through to you make the G code save it and post the resulting file it will have all your settings on it

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 02:32:56 AM »
are you running your machine in metric or inch