Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:20:49 AM

Author Topic: Comments about Mach4 in Demo  (Read 93524 times)

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Comments about Mach4 in Demo
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »
HIYA Steve, while you are looking at teh exscape sequence could you take a look at the values entry sequence ? As is on a line say tool #3 when you enter in a value an press ENTER it skips DOWN to the next Tool # line instead of to the right in order to finish adding values for THAT tool #.

It makes it very clumsy to add tool /fixture parameters as after each entry you then have to shift back up then move over to the right in order to add the next tool parameter.

I tested the M99 P## earlier but it stuck in the loop over and over in the sub call BUT the M99 Q seemed to work ok. Maybe I muffed the test somehow I will go back and retest the sequencing again.

When you have any sort of grid to input data pressing 'TAB' will move to the right one cell and pressing 'ENTER' will move down one cell. It works this way on every program and operating system I can think of.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »
Do you have a list of the Local G65 Parameters "A=#1 B=#2 C=#3 etc??

What Graham posted is what we use.  Standard Fanuc.  We won't get into mixing or shuffling them up for our own purposes.  We just reserve the E address because the interpreter will look at it as scientific notation.  When I get time, I may try and remove this restriction.  But for now, it is reserved. 

Most of the reserved addresses have a special meaning on the G65 line but they can be accessed in the sub.
E (Mach reserved) would be #8.  it will be loaded with NIL (undefined).
G (RESERVED SYSTEM WORD) would be #10.  It will be loaded with "650" as G65 is what called the sub!  This is how you can know if G65 called the sub or not.
L  (RESERVED SYSTEM WORD) would be #12.  It is loaded the the loop count from the G65 L address.
N  (RESERVED SYSTEM WORD) would be #14.  It is loaded with the sequence number of the G65 line (if provided).
O  (RESERVED SYSTEM WORD) would be #15.  It is not loaded with anything at the moment.
P  (RESERVED SYSTEM WORD) would be #16.  It is loaded with the program number from the G65 P address. (your called sub program number)

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »
Also, a word on sub programs.  We now have the capability of calling system subroutines that are external to the main program.  These subroutines should be placed in the <mach dir>\Subroutines directory with the filename of "O" plus the program number.  No file extension.  For example:

Program number 8000 should be named "O8000" and placed in the Subroutines directory.

Then "M98 P8000" or "G65 P8000" in the main program can call the system sub "O8000" in the Subroutines directory.  Loading the comment on the M98 line with a file name is no longer required (however, it is still supported).  You can't mix the two methods, obviously.  Meaning that if you use the P address on M98 to call an external sub, you should not also use the comment to define it.

There is no limit on sub nesting now.  Well...  the limit is your PC and whatever resources it has.  But we don't confine you to only 5 levels of nesting or the like. 

This is a standard Mach 4 Hobby feature!!! 

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2014, 06:07:58 PM »
Is MACH4 suspended while a SUB is running (as with MACH3 named SUBS) or is it still necessary to insert pauses/delays?

And as long as were on the topic, does MACH4 support named SUBS?

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2014, 07:37:32 PM »
DRO bug: a dro placed on the screen is actually "Border>sunken" and not "Border>none" as the properties panel shows.  You have to set the placed DRO to some style other than "none" and then set it back to "none" to get it to actually show as "none".

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
HIYA Steve,  Yes an EMPTY G02 call is fine as it is setting a mode. I do not know of many that would do it that way but yes I agree

BUT G02 X0Y0 is NOT just trying to set a modal call but trying to do an arc with NO I Js. THAT should throw an error on load. HOW else would you know  that you have a block  of bad code UNTIL you crashed the machine ?

The strange A axis creeping is a random thing with the SAME gcode program sometimes it does it somtimes it does not But normally it is with a sub or a macro. Normally if the G65 call has an "A" parameter call then it MAY do it. I will see if I can make it do it everytime or at least give you the code that does it sometimes.

(;-) TP

Hiya Brian , Arcs in G16 (;-) What would be the point ? the G16 does polar point to point moves around a center point. Like for doing a Bolt hole circle. I was testing to see IF you could cut a circle at each polar point in the pattern. It really should have errored out but instead it TRIED to do an Arc with IJs in the code.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »
Is MACH4 suspended while a SUB is running (as with MACH3 named SUBS) or is it still necessary to insert pauses/delays?

And as long as were on the topic, does MACH4 support named SUBS?

Mach 4 is not suspended.  But I'm not sure what you mean.

And by named subs do you mean the sub file named in the comment?  If so, then Mach 4 supports that.

Steve
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2014, 08:49:24 PM »
G16 should do Arcs with R only.. I didn't add the code to do the error checking at this time.

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »
hIYA Brian I cannot find an example of arcs in G16 can you give a simple example of how it would be used or called ??

Thanks (;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2014, 09:57:09 PM »
Hiya Steve I found the reason for the "Cannot load file at this time" error.

I was using single block mode and Mach 4  does not load IF it cannot run the postcheck on the Gcode.  A better Error message maybe ??

By the way the LEDS on the screens do not work, I cannot telll IF Single block mode is on or off.

(;-) TP