Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:18:58 AM

Author Topic: Dual Channel Output TP  (Read 1973 times)

Dual Channel Output TP
« on: August 05, 2015, 05:08:48 PM »
Brian,

Are there any plans or current implementations of dual channel cnc control in M4. I have an application that requires 2 heads. Means I have 2 x's, 2 y's.... I would need to be able sync the 2 channels via MCODE or other function. Basically a 2 spindle machine for high production. I am considering Fanuc for this but if you see a way to do it in Mach, I am all in.

TP,

What do you think? Having it done with 2 FPGA's is easy but then you have 2 Mach's running. One Mach, 2 FPGA's??? Possible. 

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Channel Output TP
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:11:08 PM »
Need more data ? Gotta sketch ???

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 06:40:34 AM »
Like a lathe with 2 turrets and live tools on both. And a sub. Also known as a MillTurn. Mori Seiki NT series is a good example.

Or imagine a router with 2 independent Gantry and independent atc units.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
OK it is going to depend on HOW you define interact between the 2 sets . It would be simple IF each set ran as a seperate unit just use a controller that allowed a download to ram for each of the FPGA's Heck you could have 6 if you wanted. Then a timed signal to start.  The tool changes would be controlled from a PLC (hard or soft)for each unit.  They would NOT have to run the same program for each unit it could be a progressive line where each stage is a a continuing process to a part . 

IF you mean being able to control up to 6 or more control sets in sets of 3-4 BUT not all 3 sets of 3 axis at teh same time YES compilcated but yes it is possible from a single Mach3 . BUT I certainly would not want to have to write the Gcode for that beast. Well actually that would be a Cool one to do. Just would not want to do it every day. 

NOW if you mean 2 totally interactive units that ran coordinated actions as a unit NOPE that takes a LOT of HP CPU wise( mulitple cpu's running parrallel)

(;-) TP