Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:22:14 PM

Author Topic: Comments about Mach4 in Demo  (Read 93513 times)

Re: Comments about Mach4 in Demo
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2014, 10:36:11 AM »
I find entering numbers in the DROs rather inconvenient comparing to how it used to be in Mach3 where a single click would highlight the whole number.

I too am already annoyed by this.  1 click should highlight the whole field, IMO.

I actually like the way it is in 4.
In 3, you had no option to change 1 digit if you wanted to ... and I like that option without the need to retype the entire value.
(this is where I have seen mistakes made)
Could flip the 1 clk/2 cllk functions maybe, but that seems trivial to me.

Just me,
Russ

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2014, 10:52:18 AM »
First play time with MACH4 on Intel Dual processor Win7 Pro 64 bit

GENERAL:

VERY impressive speed. Program feels slick and modern in contract to MACH3

Lua is not going to be a problem (speaking for myself) as it tastes like 'C'.  The ONLY use I have for VBscript is MACH3. Everything else is 'C' or looks like 'C'.

** edit **  FYI the Lua programming reference guide is available in hard copy or a variety of machine readable formats. I purchased the .pdf version for US$23

Built in editors are going to be and welcome addition.

Multi line MIDI - friggin' awesome!

BooBoos:

I think keyboard jog has been mentioned already.

Screen 'lights' next to buttons not working.

Find/Replace in both G-code and Lua editors is sporadic and unpredictable when/if it works at all.

QUESTION:

Is Modbus functional in the demo?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:54:13 AM by simpson36 »
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »
Yes Modbus is 100% working in this Demo
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2014, 11:06:22 AM »

Perfect. I'll beat up on it and report results here.

Is there any documentation available yet?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2014, 12:07:29 PM »
Hiya Steve here are a few more items that have a glitch.

1.  On arcs G2/G3 and the IJs are missing you get NO error it just skips over the line and proceeds.

2. On G16/15 functions it tries to process ARCS without an error message. G16 moves are strictly G0/G1

moves and the arc call should have errored out in stead of trying to run.

3.  In G84 it does not allow G95 mode UNLESS the spindle has the speed sensor working. The G95 mode with drilling and tapping is the perfered mode as it makes it easy to program the proper feedrate. AN option to run with the CALLED(programmed) Spindle speed is needed as Many kneemil type CNCs do not have a spindle index signal for rpm indication AND it is difficult to install one as they have split spindle shafts at the mid gearbox and the TOP shaft RPM is different that the actual spindle.

Occationaly I see A axis movement in gocde functions that do NOT have A axis movement code in them. SOmetimes it moves sometimes it does not move A axis. When it does move it is just a very slow creeping move.
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »

Perfect. I'll beat up on it and report results here.

Is there any documentation available yet?

Nope :( I did the setup manual but I didn't do a manual for Modbus..

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
We can do R type Arcs in G16 (The manual I looked at said you should be able to do it so I added that in)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »
From what I can see Id say pay more attention to these wxwidgets pages.
as wx.wx starts everything function-able.

http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/

putting this in a button script, a message box pops up
Your passing the function information into a string that gets displayed in a message box

local dir = wx.wxGetHomeDir();
wx.wxMessageBox("Your Home Directory is == " .. tostring(dir) )

Just as a good habit, remember to hit the disable button before you edit a screen set.

I'm just getting started on a new Tab, Having fun
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »
Craig, You are a mad man! I Love it!

www.machsupport.com

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2014, 01:38:23 PM »
Hiya Steve here are a few more items that have a glitch.

1.  On arcs G2/G3 and the IJs are missing you get NO error it just skips over the line and proceeds.

2. On G16/15 functions it tries to process ARCS without an error message. G16 moves are strictly G0/G1

moves and the arc call should have errored out in stead of trying to run.

3.  In G84 it does not allow G95 mode UNLESS the spindle has the speed sensor working. The G95 mode with drilling and tapping is the perfered mode as it makes it easy to program the proper feedrate. AN option to run with the CALLED(programmed) Spindle speed is needed as Many kneemil type CNCs do not have a spindle index signal for rpm indication AND it is difficult to install one as they have split spindle shafts at the mid gearbox and the TOP shaft RPM is different that the actual spindle.

Occationaly I see A axis movement in gocde functions that do NOT have A axis movement code in them. SOmetimes it moves sometimes it does not move A axis. When it does move it is just a very slow creeping move.

1.  I thought we discussed that already.  G02/03 are modal commands.  It is perfectly legal to not have ANYTHING on the same line as G02/G03.
2.  Brian addressed this.
3.  I'll look at the G84/G95 thing.

I have not seen the A axis issue.  I will try and duplicate this.  Do you have code that will reproduce this?

Also...  I'm hard at work right now working with the DROs.  Including a popup keypad that will benefit touch screens as per Dan13's suggestions.  However, we are constrained with what can be done in a lot of the screen controls because we have to program for the least common denominator across all platforms.  Making the DRO highlight all with one click is proving to be quite a challenge!

Steve