Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:32:19 PM

Author Topic: Comments about Mach4 in Demo  (Read 93927 times)

Re: Comments about Mach4 in Demo
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2014, 08:30:09 PM »
Are there systems requirements? I'm looking at using an Asus Vivo PC VM40B computer to Mach 4 on my Bridgeport.
Specs:
Processor: 1.5GHz Intel Celeron 1007U
Cache:    L3: 2MB
Memory: 4GB    Type: DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics Card    Type: Integrated
Installed: Intel HD Graphics
Hard Drive: 500GB 7200rpm
Operating System: Windows 8 (64-bit)
Want to use Galil DMC 4080 motion control.
and PoKeys 57E connected to PoNET kbd48CNC
Still using AMC drives to Baldor servo motors.
Hoping Galil plugin for Mach4 will not take too long.
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2014, 08:40:28 PM »
Well... after the years of anticipated wait and Artsoft's much toted PR (and seems to be BS now) about the ALL NEW Mach 4 "Completely rewritten from the ground with less than 1% of Mach 3 code... what we have is a Mach 4 bug ridden flop! No plug ins, no parallel port option and the list of screwups is growing.  A piece of advice to Artsoft... don't quit your day job.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2014, 08:42:30 PM »
Why do we need a PP option? That is what M3 was for. It is an outdated platform. It is time to move on. M4 will be fine.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2014, 08:45:55 PM »
Maybe for the 95% of Mach 3 users using a PP... that's why.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2014, 08:48:55 PM »
Where do you get your stats from? 
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2014, 08:51:26 PM »
Please feel free to post your stats to prove me wrong.
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2014, 09:02:34 PM »
Well... after the years of anticipated wait and Artsoft's much toted PR (and seems to be BS now) about the ALL NEW Mach 4 "Completely rewritten from the ground with less than 1% of Mach 3 code... what we have is a Mach 4 bug ridden flop! No plug ins, no parallel port option and the list of screwups is growing.  A piece of advice to Artsoft... don't quit your day job.

LOL You are a nice guy, Did you see that we are not willing to release? Steve didn't say anything about the P Port because I am working with Art.. The fact is that the P Port is mostly done. You can stop your feet, bite your nails and bitch all you like. The fact is this all takes time and because it is new it will have bugs. We did what we could to make it work as well as we could for the testers. I wish we where infallible but we can only test so much and program so many hours in a day. So be constructive and tell us what you would like to see worked on. That is what this phase is all about. If you want finished 100% software spend the money and get a Fanuc. They will take your money and they will give you one heck of a system.

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2014, 09:09:18 PM »
Now to the constructive stuff...

I think you will be fine with what you have below.  I run it on an atom D2700 board with a Galil 4080.  If you have problems, you can turn the refresh rates down a bit.  We have them pretty stoked as compared to Mach3.  You should be able to run @ 25ms refresh rate though. 

Are there systems requirements? I'm looking at using an Asus Vivo PC VM40B computer to Mach 4 on my Bridgeport.
Specs:
Processor: 1.5GHz Intel Celeron 1007U
Cache:    L3: 2MB
Memory: 4GB    Type: DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics Card    Type: Integrated
Installed: Intel HD Graphics
Hard Drive: 500GB 7200rpm
Operating System: Windows 8 (64-bit)
Want to use Galil DMC 4080 motion control.
and PoKeys 57E connected to PoNET kbd48CNC
Still using AMC drives to Baldor servo motors.
Hoping Galil plugin for Mach4 will not take too long.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
Why do we need a PP option? That is what M3 was for. It is an outdated platform. It is time to move on. M4 will be fine.

Thanks for your support!  We hope Mach4 will be worth the wait.  And some of these guys are having a blast with it!  Which is really nice to see.

Steve
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2014, 09:18:57 PM »
That is a good point ... I forgot to tell them that they can lower the refresh rate... Mach3 is set to 100ms as a bench mark (and you can't change it). In Mach4 the IO updates and so on are not effected my the screen refresh. So you could set the refresh on the screen to 250 ms if you want to see 1990 Cad Graphics LOL
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com