Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:19:04 AM

Author Topic: Comments about Mach4 in Demo  (Read 93486 times)

Re: Comments about Mach4 in Demo
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 08:44:28 AM »
No news on the Kflop a this time.. We are working on some of the more hobby level controllers at this time.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 09:38:43 AM »
Tried to create a MDI group and control but does not seem to work as expected. Must be in a group I see from the MDI screen, but I am missing something.

tried inputting a M3 and M4 on the MDI page and the Diagnostic tab shows it and the history shows Clockwise but no CCW or reverse for M4
Also noticed the m3 led does not lite on the spindle ON Button when using MDI M3.

Have the "If Then Else" statements been added and function-able?
Id like something like
if (mySwitch1) then M30 Else M99
to replace the M47

Why no window minimize button, I have to use Alt Tab to toggle through other available programs? so I could snip the screen and capture. Preference is for sizable windows instead of full screens, always doing more than one thing, don't you? Cut and Paste, Captures, Write Scripts, etc...

Is the scripting code functioning?

are we alpha testers  ??? Thou I like where Mach4 might be headed it looks awful raw to me ::)
I've developed user interfaces in the past so I have some industrial bruises myself.
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 09:43:39 AM »
Hi Ya-Nvr-No,
I think your minimize issue is that you have a screen that is low resolution and the top of the window frame is off the screen. Do a Maximize from the task bar and I think that will fix you.

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 10:17:41 AM »
Running this off a Lenovo laptop, Says I am at 1366 x 768
Not getting anything other than what I show below (reduced the image by 50% for uploading and viewing)
Tried loading it as window Maximize, no changes.
Used to be a way to move windows around with the arrow keys, but I forgot, hell to get old.
Odd... centers itself and I have no access to the outer edges to resize it.

Guess it might be an issue with my laptops.
Found some issues with Terry's Wizard Screens that they would not all display correctly either.  But just in the vertical.
These Laptops work fine with Mach3 and KmotionCNC.

Thanks Brian.

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 10:25:32 AM »
As you can see I am using MachGUI.exe with a screen set and I have all the normal windows Max Min close junk...

Did you make a special profile and have it load the profile with the command line switches? If so can you show me what you are doing for a call?

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 10:28:37 AM »
Nope right from the install for mach4 no changes that I know of.

C:\Mach4Hobby\Mach4GUI.exe /p Mach4Mill
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
Looks like you are running XP 32Bit?

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
I found it  ;D

default is Full screen, under the VIEW menu, I unchecked it and it resized.

I am running Win7 32bit
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:43:39 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
I find entering numbers in the DROs rather inconvenient comparing to how it used to be in Mach3 where a single click would highlight the whole number. Now you have to highlight the the number with the mouse. While it's the typical Windows way to do this, I think it is not suitable for a machine control. When I do it in the web browser or google, for instance, sometimes the whole string doesn't get highlighted and there is a character left (sure it happened to you a few times) and then you notice the mistake when you see the wrong search result. In a machine control this type of mistake could have more devastating outcome. Also this way of doing things is completely not suitable for a touch screen.

And speaking of touch screens, there is the very handy auto calculator that pops up in Mach3 and is very handy with touch screens. Eliminating wondering between the keyboard, mouse and screen.

Also posted this one earlier but it seems it slipped unnoticed:

Under Config -> Homing/Softlimits, mouse clicking in the Soft Enable column doen't toggle states. You have to input from the keyboard '0' or '1' to toggle states.

Dan

Dan
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 02:42:51 PM »
Hi Brian!

No news on the Kflop a this time.. We are working on some of the more hobby level controllers at this time.

I know this   ;D

We were wondering when something would be available so we could get started.  Probably a bad time to ask and maybe the wrong place.  But when you have something be sure to let us know.

Regards
Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion