Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:56:10 AM

Author Topic: Comments about Mach4 in Demo  (Read 93536 times)

Comments about Mach4 in Demo
« on: April 23, 2014, 09:24:44 PM »
Hi, As I stated in my message I would like to have input on the interface so we can get any changes made before we start making the docs docs for running the software. Please post them here and I will get a message that some one has posted. I have been building a list and we will review the list in a few weeks to see what we need to change / add.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: Comments about Mach4 in Demo
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 10:27:26 PM »
Brian;
Thanks for the opportunity to preview.

Mach4 won't install cleanly for me, get MACH4GUI Error  "Failed to retrieve file times for 'C:\somestuff\m6end.mcc' (error2 ... cannot find the file specified.)

Not sure if this is expected or not, as Mach 4 does launch...

Using a Win 8.1/ 64 bit system

-Regards.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »
Tool Path page, dro's do not show movements while jogging or gcode running.

Keyboard Jog button does not toggle, can't jog from keyboard.

Jog Mode led's out, toggles through3 jog modes ... Cont., Step and 3rd mode that does nothing.

MDI does not exe. from keyboard ENTER key...(I know, it says hit CYCLE START to exe. but more convenient to use ENTER ... possible ?

Pretty COOL ! !

Russ

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:50:23 PM »
Alt-Enter executes the MDI from the keyboard.  Since it is multi-line, alt-UP and alt-down cycle through the previous commands.

Keyboad control is via a plugin that has not been released.  Just mouse around for a bit until we release the keyboard stuff.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 11:57:08 PM »
Thanks Steve,
Found the led's with wrong assignment, dro's also, OK now.

I like the quick edits , very nice.

Time to play, thanks again,
Russ
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 02:01:44 AM »
About Box: Copyright 2001-1013
The early bird ... ;D

The new version looks very promising. I also like the whole concept of decoupling Mach4 core from UI. Well done!

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
LOL!!!  You don't know how many times I have said I would fix that date!!!  I'm going to do it NOW!  :)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »
Under Config -> Homing/Softlimits, mouse clicking in the Soft Enable column doen't toggle states. You have to input from the keyboard '0' or '1' to toggle states.

Dan

Offline Calum

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »
Looking good, I like the screen editor, simple and intuitive.  I was able to fix many of the issues in the default screen without too much trouble.  It would be good if there were some bold text that could be used on the screens, my eyesight isn't good these days.  Some of the LEDs are a bit dim, hard to tell if they are on or off.

I have my profile configured for metric and notice the feed rate is still in inches, needs a conversion.

I have observed a few strange behaviours when running some of my old part programs but haven't pinned them down yet, restarting often helps.  I have found that a crash will leave the core running so I need to use Task Manager to kill it before a restart will work.

Cheers
Calum
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 08:15:48 PM »
nice work guys. :o
any way to pan on the tool path screen after you zoom?
also can you show the tool path extents  on the tp page, I guess that's possible to do with the editor?