Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:37:58 PM

Author Topic: csmio  (Read 14936 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: csmio
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 01:49:19 PM »
I use 057 as Brett said but some people have issues wth the toolpath view in it so maybe 062.
Regarding your threading issue, you need to go into the plugin and invert the encoder.
Hood

Offline jve

•  128 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 01:37:54 AM »
ok hood it worked when I invert the encoder but I still have an other problem with the treading as of now I am making a tread internal and when it makes the first cut it pull out with a feed of 1.5mm it should not work like that it should pull out with rapid movement and it keep repeating 2nd ,3rd ecc
I am doing the tread by the G76
G76 X-54 Z-22 Q0 P1.5 J0.2 L0 H0.2 I30 C1 T0
this program it use to work with mach3 and with the parallel port it is something with the csmio I think is there any setting that I am missing ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 04:41:09 AM »
The CSMIO has a delay in the pull out at the end of the thread. It is a Mach issue in the way it updates the plugin, Brian is hopefully working on it, I think he is waiting on info from CS-Lab to see what calls they would require.

Is that what you are meaning? The actual move back to the start of the thread should be a rapid move.
Hood

Offline jve

•  128 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 05:06:44 AM »
I notice also that on each pass of the tread the spindle slow down does this happen to you also ?
so it should be an update of mach3
do you know anything with mach4 and csmio if they going to work with each other?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 05:23:05 AM »
Spindle should not slow down other than if the cutting force causes it to. Are you saying that the spindle is slowing down just due to the motion?
Try running the thread with just air cutting and see if it slows down, if it does there is an issue somewhere with your setup. Are you still using 067?

Regarding Mach4, CSMIO are or will be working on a plugin, they have the initial info for helping them as Brian passed that to them a month or so ago.
Hood

Offline jve

•  128 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 05:30:44 AM »
now I am running on 057 and the tread is cutting in air and I don't believe that the spindle will slow down by force with a 24kw spindle motor
I think I did not explain my self good on the above when it makes the first pass and it is going to pull out from the tread it is taking a while like 50sec this means that it is with a feed rate of 1.5mm and not with rapid

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 05:36:03 AM »
Ok so the slow pullout you are meaning is the motion from end of thread pass for it to move back to the beginning of the start for the next pass?
That is not normal if that is what you are meaning.
You can see what it should be like if you have a look at this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKp343Ubf7U

In that video I am altering the spindle override to show the  thread tracks well even with big fluctuations in spindle speed.
Hood

Offline jve

•  128 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 06:11:36 AM »
first of all it is not working like the vid and the problem is the machine is making the first pass then it has to pull out from the tread and it is taking very long with a feed rate of 1.5mm and after that it goes out to make the second tread with rapid and it makes the second tread and again it is making same thing goes slow out of the tread and the it goes with rapid to continue the tread and it keep doing this all the tread passes also on every start of a tread the spindle slows down
I do not know what im doing wrong
can I ask you which firmware are you using on the csmio?

Offline jve

•  128 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 06:31:23 AM »
I made a copy of machine vb,xml may be you can help be a bit more  :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 06:40:45 AM »
Will have a look at your xml in a while.
Regarding the version of plugin in that video, it is likely 1.9 or thereabouts.  I am not sure if I have tested properly with the recent 2.xx versions of the plugin as I have test versions of Mach on that machine as I have been using it to do tests fro Brian regarding threading. I will however if I get a chance this afternoon load a version of Mach that is standard and run a thread test and see what it is like and get back to you.
Hood