Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:33:52 AM

Author Topic: Adventures in Pokeys  (Read 30066 times)

Re: Adventures in Pokeys
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »
Some delays in getting my control panel going; "honey-dos", short vacation. It's 90 % wired and some buttons working, 3 pots, 1 encoder, 2 joysticks, 2 leds. "C" axis jog totALLY NOT WORKING, must check out wiring and oem button. "C" will be for knee, yet to be installed servo.
Wondering if P Tegler got his encoder working or what.
--
Now that I have some of this working, I notice that my keyboard jogging buttons don't work!
Can anyone comment on that? Matevz?
Ozzie
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 07:19:11 PM »
nope.
I went all the way back to the most basic screen set, still no dice.
I even unmapped the Pokeys keyboard, still to no avail.
Anytime I map an MPG or encoder directly to ANY DRO, the mapping takes precedence, and interferes with the gcode control.

ptegler
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 10:23:37 PM »
That's a bitch Paul.
I don't think it has anything to do with the screenset. I'm using my own weird set.
There is something making the setup act like you are connecting a pot. Being an electronic cripple, I don't know why. It seems that narrows possibilities to the encoder or the way it is wired. The encoder wiring diagram you published here included a + voltage connection and if you have that connected maybe it is the problem. The Pokeys wiring diagram for an encoder shows only three connections, one to ground, the other two to two numbered pins on the Pokeys.
Ozzie
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 10:30:03 PM »
Paul,
I went back to your post regarding the encoder. Try removing any wiring you used to set this up. Just use the three basic connections on the encoder; center to ground, A and B to two Pokeys pins.
Ozzie
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 10:32:29 PM »
Matevz,
Are you out there? Please look at post 32. Should connection of Pokeys disable the keyboard jogging keys?????
Ozzie
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 10:38:10 PM »
Matevz,
Sorry, 30 not 32
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 03:00:37 AM »
OzzieII.....  yep...wired it via the schematic with the part...was the way I started... throughout this thread I ripped out the extra and re-wired with just the three pin layout (GND and two inputs) no real change.
pokeys app sees the signals... just overrides whenever mapped .

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 05:21:47 AM »
Hi, guys

If you need any urgent help, contact us at support@poscope.com or matevz@poscope.com, if you want to contact me directly.

Regarding your problems. Please download the attached plugin and test it. Before that, make sure that you are running the latest development version of PoKeys firmware and software.

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
MATEVZ !!!!
How about just a little more organization so a dummy can understand and find.
On you download page nothing is labeled firmware and there are a couple choices of software. Perhaps when you make a post like this you can just LINK to the proper "firmware and software". It's not supposed to be a puzzle.
Ozzie
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 11:47:11 AM »
CRAP!
I replaced the old .dll with the new, now Mach says it can't find Pokeys. I tried to reconfigure, says it can't find Pokeys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What now?????????
Aggravated Ozzie