Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:06:30 PM

Author Topic: Adventures in Pokeys  (Read 30070 times)

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Pokeys
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
oke, then you have to configure the plugin in the mach3 plugin controll window. if you choose the pokeys plugin, encoders tab, configure the right pins and choose the right dro, thats all.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
That's my problem; It doesn't  work!
I must have some parameter in Mach set wrong but I can't find it.
I've tried several Dro's that are on my screen but I can't get any of them to move with the encoder. They will all move with a pot but not the encoder.
Ozzie

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 02:00:14 AM »
Hi, Ozzie

Do you have multiple sources setting a specific DRO?

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
No Matevz,
At this point the system is totally minimal, temporary wiring, testing phase.
I have two joysticks controlling 3 axis; working.
One pot controlling Rapids Over-ride, working.
One encoder, so far controlling nothing.
The pot was easy to switch Dro's to test that they will change, but now I have it back to Rapid over-ride.
Nothing else connected, there are no conflicts.
It seems Mach does not see the encoder.
Does Polabs have a working model of this; Mach 3 and Pokeys with an encoder?
It should be easy for you to test, no hardware needed except Pokeys.
Ozzie

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 09:34:44 AM »
Hi, Ozzie

The support for encoders is one of the things that the plugin was made for. Many users use this.
Please export your complete plugin configuration (from plugin in the Mach3) and PoKeys configuration (using File>Save in PoKeys software) and send it to me (matevz [at] poscope.com).

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 09:56:53 AM »
COOL! Will do today.
Ozzie
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »
The Config files are on the way.
Ozzie
Re: Adventures in Pokeys At Last
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 11:54:34 AM »
I have it working!
A few posts back I asked about the config column labeled "I/O" since I had it set to None and was that correct. I got no answer to that question which is typical; ask two or three questions in a post and you might get an answer to one.
Anyway, on a wild guess I put input #1 in that column and now the encoder works.
Now I'll finish the board design and wire it all permenantly. I'm thinking there will be no problem with buttons and leds.
Ozzie
Re: Adventures in Pokeys --- Conclusion, I hope
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »
I'm thinking Pokeys is a cool little board and I'm sure that it will do more than this old fart can learn.
Thanks to Matevz and Tantan for trying to help. I'm sure that the results of the config files I sent to Matevz will be what I've now done.
As for the documentation of Pokeys and the Mach 3 plug-in, well you can judge that from the posts in this topic.
Thanks, I'm smiling ;D ;D :) :) :)
Jerry "Ozzie" Pryor
Old Curmudgeon
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »
...so what am I missing here...I've been trying to get two small encoders here to control FRO and slow jog via pokeys for about 1/2 a year now!
I can get the mpg to change the FRO % but it totally takes over the DRO, not allowing the gcode to run unless I turn up the mpg first.
I stumbled on that realization by accident...gcode wasn't moving anything...I bumped the mpg and the axis started moving very slowly. turned up the mpg and it ran faster and faster....

So what's the trick to getting an MPG to control the FRO via pokeys???   I've been waiting on an update from a similar thread here with no response in a month or two now.
I'd asked about the mapping with no real info returned  :-(