Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:26:35 PM

Author Topic: Im new to the Mach3 program  (Read 15550 times)

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
Re: Im new to the Mach3 program
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »
Thank you Ian, I try to see if it something wrong with my parallel card and I try to use a different computer to see if it works.
thank you again for you time and help.

Jaime

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »
Hi, Ian and Dave  I got my mototr moving now. I was checking all my settings and waires again and I saw that one of the  wires on BOB was no connect it right. But one of the motor  vibrats little some times when its not moving do you have any ideas why.  I post  to see if anybody else have any problems with motor vibratting. for now I finish watching the video to  finish setting up my computer.

thank you

Jaime

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
Motor vibratting and limit/home switch or softlimits
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 10:29:04 PM »
Hi, after so much trouble finally I got my motors moving.  One of my probles now its that one of the motors vibrate little  few seconds and then stop then vibrate again  when its no moving, what could be the problem.
My secon question its, do I need to have limit/home switches to be able to make mach3 work and make parts or I can just set the softlimits and thats enough to be eble to start running mach3 and make parts?

thank you

Jaime

EDIT: by Stirling - I've merged this with your existing thread.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:53:45 AM by stirling »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 02:51:25 AM »
Have you satisfied yourself that you have 5V now on your PP? If not and your drivers NEED 5V then this may explain the motor vibration.

Ian

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Motor vibratting and limit/home switch or softlimits
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 02:52:29 AM »
Hi Jaime,

If accidentally running into the mechanical stops will not cause damage to to your machine then it is probably OK but I would recommend that you fit and use limit switches as soon as practical.
Soft limits will only be of use if they relate to a known position of the cutting tool and the machine is always, initially, set-up with the Mach3 DRO's zeroed with the cutting tool in that position.
You can check job size (program limits) from the Toolpath window after loading the GCode - these extents relate to the GCode origin or starting point so you should know before running a job that the tool-path will be within the working area of your machine.

Not sure about your motor vibrations when stationary but I suspect it is caused by your controller - does it have any adjustments for motor tuning or does the manufacturers instructions give any clues ?

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:54:17 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 03:01:54 AM »
Jaime - As I've indicated above, I've merged your threads as it just leads to having to re-cover old ground.

Anyway - re: your limits question: IMHO If your machine is "small" and uses steppers and is not going to damage itself if it hits the end stops then you don't really need limits. I've run my router for many years without limits, home switches or soft-limits and never had a problem.

Ian

EDIT: I see Tweakie has already covered this whilst I was merging threads - see what I mean about creating confusion  ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:04:24 AM by stirling »

Offline alenz

•  137 137
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 05:14:21 AM »
As a follow up to Tweekie and Ian’s posts, it is also possible to use the mechanical end stops on a ‘small’ machine (Sherline in my case) without home/limit switches to zero the soft limits.  Jog   X Y and Z against their zero mechanical stops until the steppers stall. Press ‘Ref All Home’. The mechanical end stops are also very repeatable.
Al

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 06:51:56 AM »
it is also possible to use the mechanical end stops on a ‘small’ machine (Sherline in my case) without home/limit switches to zero the soft limits.

I wouldn't recomend doing that.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »
Hi Ian andTweakie. I have a small table top mill. (table size 8-1/4 X 28-3/4. 2hp motor). For now I just going to be making small Aluminum parts. I dont think  it have a chance to get all  the way to the ends ( machanical stops) might be on Y axis  but I'll be carefull. I am use to run CNC machines they run different programs (EzPath).  I just wasnt sure if  mach3 needs the limiy/home switches  to be eable to run , but now that I know it will work  that enough for now.  I dont wnat to spend too much time and money on this machine  ( it has a round colum) I wan to save some money to buy a square colum machine about the same size.
For what I saw on video about the softlimit . If I move my table (X axis)  all the way to one side close to my machanical stop. I can mark that  as softmin 0" then if I move it all the way to the other side close to the other mechanical stop  an I mark that as softmax lets say 18" . my motor only move  on those dimesions 0" to 18", and I do the same for Y axis. this would be my  machine cordinates its that correc or I misunderstand the video.
Now I was thinking on move my table X axis to center position and mark my softmin to -9 and my softmax to 9.  Can I do that ?
About the motor vibrating  Im going to ask the company I got them from.

thank you

Jaime.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 10:41:27 PM »