Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:56:03 AM

Author Topic: Panasonic servo drive help  (Read 89339 times)

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
Re: Panasonic servo drive help
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2013, 06:44:33 PM »
BTW, those are my "test pins" in the terminal header. Now a couple to show the watchdog on guard in the system. First one is no drive alarms and ready to run. The next one is with a alarm on the Y axis drive, the drive doesn't look alarmed because the display is solid with no alarm and flashes on and off when alarmed, just happened to take pic when it was on so it looks the same as the other two drives.

Ok I'm braced and ready for comments, good or bad.

Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2013, 06:45:49 PM »
Nothing wrong with that, in fact its bloody nice :)
Using that board meant you had to use wire links but you made a decent job of doing that as well so I think you should be happy with what you have, it works, looks good, what more can you ask of a circuit :)

Hood

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »
Thanks for being kind to me Hood, it's my first time ya know. ;)                 Rick

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »
You did real good Rick......  Hoods not being nice, he's being honest.  As much as I like to talk junk, can't find a reason to on those pics........  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »
Thank You Brett, for EVERYTHING ;).   Rick

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2013, 09:13:11 PM »
OK guys,
    I'm working on that last thing I wanted (for now anyhow). I have a used mpg I got from an old Okuma turning center. It has 4 screw terminals on the back, 2 are labeled source, (12v  0v), the other 2 are "A" & "B". My first question is, 12v is DC voltage, correct? Doesn't say AC or DC just 12v.
    I'm pretty sure I can handle the set up in Mach3, CONFIG>PORTS AND PINS>ENCODER/MPG'S>MPG#1
(enabled) port1,pin10,port1,pin11,counts/unit4,velocity100.00
    I have 12v DC available on the same power supply I'm getting the 24vdc from for the servo drive control circuit so that's no problem as long as the 12v on the mpg is DC. And I know the "A" & "B" go to input 10 & 11 on the BOB, but there are 2 screw terminals at the BOB for each of input 10 &11, How do I know which screw to put "A" & "B" on?
    The encoder is a KURODA  PC-100A-WSTF , I tried google for a data sheet and got nothing. Anyone have suggestions for me?

Rick

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2013, 09:17:53 PM »
I have never seen a 12 volt ac mpg but there is a lot I have not seen.  I would bet its dc but not 100% sure.  Now, can you send 12 volts to your breakout board without letting the smoke out?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »
    That I don't know either Brett. That's why I thought I better ask before I screw up what I just got working. :-\ I've also tried google for info on the BOB and can't find anything.  I've looked at dozens of BOB's and the only place I've seen one like it is the guy I got it from and he's proven to be NO help, take the money and run type. >:(

Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2013, 03:01:31 AM »
Brett is correct, I was being honest, the back is the only bit that is slightly unkempt but that is purely because of the type of board you used and there was not much you could have done about that, in fact you did quite a neat job of it :)

It will almost certainly be DC but best way to be sure is if you can open the case up and look at the chip number and you should be able to find a data sheet for it.
The outputs may or may not be 12v you will have to measure , if they are then it is unlikely you can input them directly into the BOB as it will probably be looking for 5v.
Hood

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2013, 12:12:33 AM »
Ok guys,
    I opened up the mpg, only ic I can spot is a NEC C393C. It seems to be classed as a bipolar analog integrated circuit, low power dual comparator. Bout all I know about it is I can repeat what I read on the data sheet, ::) The sheet does say it can operate on a wide input voltage, 2 - 32 volts, also says it can operate on a split power supply +/-1 to +/-16 volts whatever that is?   
    Hood said to check the output to see if it was 12v or not, I'm not sure how to do that. Do I put 12v in then check between A & B while turning the mpg or do I check between 0v and A, and then between 0v and B ?
    Then I was also wondering that seeing how the C393C sheet says it will work on any voltage from 2 to 32 I wonder what else is in the mpg that made them label it as 12v. What I'm trying to say is if 12v in does = 12v out what would happen if I were to put 5v in ?, 5v out maybe ? Kinda seems like the mpg should have been labeled as 2 - 32 volts in if it can work in that range.
   I do know Okuma is big on proprietary stuff in their machines, even though they use parts from outside vendors they have them built special or relabeled just for Okuma so maybe that's why the mpg says 12v, because that's the voltage Okuma uses it at?
    I don't have much in this mpg so I'm willing to experiment just for the education if nothing else. So how do I check the voltage it's putting out?

Rick