Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:51 PM

Author Topic: Panasonic servo drive help  (Read 89384 times)

Re: Panasonic servo drive help
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »
Bummer, the chip Hodd referenced is not too difficult to fix up on a small board. He even set me up with one so you know it's simple.
Got some pics somewhere, will find them later.
Good thing is, you can possibly arrange the screw terminals on the board to match the BoB and use 14 ga solid copper in short length for mounting.
Later,
Russ
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2013, 10:02:45 PM »
Around page 7 of this post has some pretty good info.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,22480.60.html

Russ

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2013, 10:17:47 PM »
Shuuuuuuuuu, I thought RC had fell of his rocker..................... again.  ;D  Its page 3 of that thread if you view last on top.  Here is a link to the post I thought most important and will always be good no matter how many more post are made in the topic.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,22480.msg157149.html#msg157149

Brett

Thanks RC!  Had to pick at you a little.  Sent you a PM.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:34 PM »
Cool Brett, thanks.
Here is the pic of the one Hood helped me set up.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,22480.msg157044.html#msg157044

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 06:34:54 AM »
Ok gentleman,
    I've looked at the threads linked related to making your own differential line drivers. Looks to me like the ones made by Hood were custom PCB's MADE by Hood,same for the one from BR549,way outta my league. BTW, the one Hood showed with the DB 25f connector & everything labled on the board is as "factory made" & professional as anything I've ever seen,WOW,impressive indeed. But I don't know squat about making a custom PCB, ugly or otherwise.
    If I see correctly the one Overloaded made seems to possibly be on some kind of "off the shelf" universal type board. If that is the case where does one get such a board,the screw terminal connectors,sockets for the chips, etc. How would a know nothing about electronics guy like me come up with a ''stock list" of componets needed so I would be ordering everything I need the first time & nothing I don't need?
    I'm a diy & save a buck kinda guy & if I can't get the drivers from cnc4pc I guess I'll have to attempt to make my own but I gotta tell ya, for $4.25 each this is one diy project I'd be fine with side stepping.(;-)
                           Rick
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2013, 07:43:37 AM »

UGLY ! ! ! ! >:(   Hey ... it works. ;) ... and I was pretty proud of it, being I was more intimidated than you at the time.  :D (just funnin', no offense taken.

Mouser, Digikey or Allied for the IC's, Radio Shack for the board and screw terminals. The shack can get the IC's too if you want them to, here anyway.
It's really simple after studying the data sheet of the IC. I didn't use any sockets, just soldered the IC directly to the board.
Russ
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:53:03 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2013, 08:22:37 AM »
They appear to be IN Stock over yonder.
http://www.shop.cncdrive.com/index.php?productID=259
Might check, the shipping is not to bad ... sometimes.

Just an option,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2013, 08:31:54 AM »
I think I may have one of the ones I made up that I probably will never use again, if interested give me a PM. It will be one of these ones, see below.
Hood

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
You betcha I'm interested, PM sent.
         Rick

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30:20 PM »
UGLY ! ! ! !    Hey ... it works. ... and I was pretty proud of it, being I was more intimidated than you at the time.  (just funnin', no offense taken.

I don't want to or intend to insult anyone but YOUR'S ain't the one I was thinking of. ;)
                                        Rick