Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:40:11 PM

Author Topic: Panasonic servo drive help  (Read 89379 times)

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
Re: Panasonic servo drive help
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 05:42:28 PM »

Different angle of base

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »

left to right,base-x axis rails & ballscrew-z axis rails & ballscrew-gantry

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »

overall shot of the whole project & messy basement. ::) Can you tell by the pic sizes I'm still learning?

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:05 PM »

Hopefully one last BIG shot of the base. ;D

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »
Now before somebody freaks about the height of the gantry I've made it what I hope is way too tall at this point. My thinking was to get gantry mounted & running on Y axis rails,get the table for workholding built,get spindle mounted on Z rails. At that point I will bring Z axis all the way down (-Z), measure distance from spindle nose to workholding tabletop, add length of a "shortish" cutter and cut off gantry uprights by that much. Make any sense to you?
                                 Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:33 PM »
Looking very nice :)
Hood

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 07:09:29 PM »
Thank You Hood,
   Hey I have another question, I've been looking over the input cable rework & we determined pins 28,29,30,12&9 should be 0 volts (com-). The wiring diagram I got from seller says 3.5&7 are GND (ground). Here's the question, are ground & 0 vdc (com-) the same thing in this application, I mean can/should I tie these ALL together?
                     Rick

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 08:04:56 PM »
Looking good Rick.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 08:40:50 PM »
overall shot of the whole project & messy basement.
No fair covering up the stuff you don't want the world to see before taking pics! ;D

I really like the old (Magnavox?) TV console you have your electronic stuff in.  They don't make 'em like that anymore.  Reminds me of the one I had back in the 70's.  When the TV got too expensive to fix, I gutted it and put an aquarium in it's place with a back light.  Better'n watching nothing at all! ;)
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »
Thank you Brett,
    For anyone who is interested to know I first started dreaming about this project 4-5 years ago. After 2 years of research and being inspired by other diy machines I saw on the net I started saving my pennies. Seemed to me most (but not all) of what I saw was put together by folks who were strong on computers & electronics but mechanical skills,not so much.Yet the work they were getting done with their machines was amazing although the machines themselves looked a little on the crude side to me.
    I'm kinda the opposite myself, I've been building & fixing mechanical things since I was a 10 year old with a go-cart. Wrench turning mechanic, welder, fabricator, amateur machinist,electrical work, but computers & electronics,not so much.
    I bought my first parts,(the drives & motors) a little over 2 years ago and have been gathering new & used parts  from all over the world ever since,(e-bay & the net). Finally had enough pieces collected that about 7-8 months ago I told myself it was time to see if I was up to the task at hand and started building.The aluminum extrusion stock was purchased used & I've done all the machining myself. All the gussets, angles, even the T nuts I machined in my small cluttered backyard shop after work & on weekends. I still have a long way to go & time & energy is limited. I'm hoping if I'm lucky I may have a machine to play with in another 6-8 months. I'm excited to have it done but I make a living working on filthy junk (poor people have poor ways) and this machine is going to be MY machine ,built by ME & I'm going to take as much time as I need  to end up with something I can be proud of.
   So for the rest of you who might be dreaming about it, JUST DO IT ! Ya ain't gonna get started no younger!
                                                      Rick