Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:28:06 AM

Author Topic: Panasonic servo drive help  (Read 89438 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Panasonic servo drive help
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »
Oh BTW I would suggest you just test the drives with temporary wiring first before you go to the bother of doing a load of soldering.
Hood

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »
I second the Hood for president Brett! When I was doing some research on the connectors of CN I/F I found some called them sub D 36, centronics mini D 36 & I also found them called HP 36. Seems some HP printers used this connector and I found printer cables on-line that are this sub D 36 on one end & 25 DB on the other,pretty cheap,$8.00 or so apiece. Could I get away with getting some of these printer cables, cutting off the DB25 and bringing out the wires for connection to BOB ? I was afraid that seeing how they are 25 on one end & 36 on the other (the end I need)maybe wires aren't connected to all 36 pins or maybe something is jumpered internally which would make them unusable for my needs. What do you guys think, worth taking a chance?

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 05:29:01 PM »
Going to try some pics, I had 4 attached to the previous post & it just would not happen. Any tips/suggestions on the best way to get them here?
       Rick

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »
Rick, make sure they arent to big.  The forum will only accept 6000kb per post.  Also, be sure they have a unique name.  You can only ost any file once with the same name.

There is a good chance on those cables that some of the wires you need will be missing and could well be internal jumpers.  If I couldnt get a pin-out/schmatic I would pass as long as you can get the connectors you need to make your own.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »
Well folks,
    Just thought I'd let you know I've been trying like heck to post some pics of my project with no luck. >:( I finally saw something in lower taskbar about an error 0X80010108 preventing photo or video from displaying? They display fine on my computer, just can't get them into a post. ???Googled the error code, said to do a syatem restore at the latest restore point.This is a win 7 box,about 15 months old & I've never done a system restore on this machine but started it anyway to see if it would fix the problem. Turns out the latest restore point was like 6:30 am this morning & said something about a windows update at that time. ???I don't know but maybe microsuck causing the problem?Whatever I did the system restore at that point,tried to get a pic into a post & same result as before,same error code.
    This had/has been a fun & productive sunday off work thanks to this forum,Hood & others.But time to prep for another workweek of drugdery now.I will be working on the rewire of the servo drives as time permits & will report back here on progress when there is some.Will also be trying to SHOW my progress if & when I can.
                 Thanks to all,    Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 03:52:05 AM »
Rick,
 are you using the additional options button on the reply page to browse and attach the images?
If you are then just make sure they are of a unique name, in other words the forum only accepts a file attachment name once, so if you have previously tried and get a message to that effect just rename the file and try again, often adding something like a 1 or a z or whatever to the file name is enough.
Hood

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »
Yes Hood,
    I'm really having a problem here with pics. I've tried the attach & brouse,renamed the file each time. Forum says I already sent the post but nothing is showing up here, not even the text. I don't seem to be getting the errorr code anymore, I did some more searching on that before work this morning & found it to be a known windows 7 bug when downloading pics & video from certain devices. Was directed to microsoft site to download & install "windows essentials" which is supposed to be the bug fix,which I did.I took the pics with my ole'lady's camera,(first time I ever used it),they look fine in my 'puter,maybe I need to take them over and try all over again after having installed the fix?
            Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »
If you email them to me I will see if I can post, will send you a PM with my email address.
Hood

Offline rwf71

•  126 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »
Thank You yet again Hood,
    I sent ya 1,we'll see how it goes.
                       Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 06:39:01 PM »
Ok your pics are quite large in file size so I have taken a screenshot of it and attached, clicking the thumbnail below should show the pic in a reasonable resolution.
Hood