Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:46 PM

Author Topic: NEW WITH MACH, HAVING ISSUES  (Read 15027 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NEW WITH MACH, HAVING ISSUES
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »
Try cutting air and see if it still shifts on each pass.
Could be you are simply losing steps due to many factors. If it stays on course when not actually cutting then it is almost certainly mechanical.
If it is still off then try again but this time with your spindle switched off.
Hood
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »
i dont how i will be able to tell if its shifting while cutting air, seing how it only shifts about .015

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »
If you make it so the code starts and ends at a point outside your cutting area you could then move to that point and have a piece of wood and do a jog down cutting a hole. Jog back up then run the code then again jog down  and see if it still is going into the hole or cutting extra.

Hood
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
sounds good, but my single block wont work, the code in mach stops but the machine keeps on going

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »
Why do you need to use single block?
Use MDI to move to a position outside where the code is going to cut and do the Z down move. Run the code then MDI back and see if its there.
Not sure about the single block though, if Mach is stopped the machine should be stopped, that does seem strange as it would seem Mach is still sending out signnals. Thing is however the DROs in Mach are updated from what the driver is outputting so if its outputting then the DROs should be registering.
Hood
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 08:02:25 PM »
it did not appear to be off as much as it was while contouring
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
odd thing is that before i went to run the last program i made 5 attempts with smiple squares and circles with multiple passes
a 2.5' circle was the only one that failed
all the squares came out perfect

cuz im cutting out and irregular shape and it seems that its having difficulties with arcs

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
I would say its sounding like its mechanical issues, maybe axis binding, steppers not man enough for the task etc.
You could try reducing the accel and Vel further just in case your motors are still on the edge.
Afraid its late here so will have to look back in the morning to see if you have made any progress.
Hood
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »
SUCCESS after a nightmare weekend of trial and error

just before giving in and buying a new motor i had a thought

i said i will switch my x motor, the one giving me issues, with my z motor, working fine
in switching i remembered i took off 2 screws i originally thought were binding the coupler that were over the leadscrew on the side of the machine
so i put those back on while swaping motors, re tuned x axis and 3 test runs later
a 1.5 pocketed circle and a 3in circle contoured in multiple passes
and then finally back to my original program with the irregular arcs all 3 came out without stepping over like it was preiviously doing
no more lost steps, thanks a ton to HAL and HOOD
you guys helped me get my machine going
cant thank you enough!

Offline Hal

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 11:02:17 AM »
I am glad you are up and running. Happy machining!