Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:50:20 PM

Author Topic: Help - Pendant for Indipendent Axles  (Read 10481 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Help - Pendant for Indipendent Axles
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 02:27:49 PM »
Ok I will give you an example.
Rotary switch with 4 positions would then go to 4 inputs on the SS. You would then set them up in Ports and Pins, Inputs page as Inputs or OEM Triggers and assign the port and pin numbers you have them attached to.
Next Operator menu then Brain Editor to make a Brain.
Below is an example of a Brain to set the mode between Velocity and step and also to change the step increment when in step mode, I am using inputs 1 to 4 in this example but as mentioned you can use any that are spare or use OEM Triggers if you dont have any inputs spare.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 02:47:22 PM »
Hello Hood,
very and very kind of you, thank you very much.

I send these information to a friend of mine who is helping me and probably  he can match everything.

I hope I will not keep you too much busy whit my questions.

Thank you
Graziano
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »
Given that the MPGs effectively issue jog commands, and, AFAIK, you can't issue a jog command while a jog command on another axis is already in progress, I fail to see the utility of such a setup....  You'd still only be able to move a single axis at any time.  Sounds to me like a complicated, expensive solution in search of a problem....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
Hello HimyKabibble,

about the utility: imagine to use a cnc  lathe but you want to move it manually.
If you have 2 joysticks, one for the long axis and one for the traverse slide,  with different movement mode, i.e. in the left hand the joystick of the long axis, mode continuous  and in the right hand the joystick of the traverse slide,setted up in single steps, 1 cents, you can use Mach3 as a dro, have a zero point etc. and you can turning fast without mistakes because you know at each pressure of the joystick the traverse will move 1 cent.

If you use a common pendant, a part the risk to forget to change the mode, you loose a lot of time.

Are you sure you can not use 3 axis simultaneously?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:02:15 PM by graziano »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
Given that the MPGs effectively issue jog commands, and, AFAIK, you can't issue a jog command while a jog command on another axis is already in progress, I fail to see the utility of such a setup....  You'd still only be able to move a single axis at any time.  Sounds to me like a complicated, expensive solution in search of a problem....

Regards,
Ray L.

As far as I am aware you can have up to 3 MPGs connected to Mach and move them all at the same time, granted you would need three hands ;D
Jogging via a keyboard you can jog all three axis together, in fact likely all 6.
I think but am not 100% sure, that with a joystick you can jog two axis at the same time by working it diagonally.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 06:02:21 PM »
3 Mpg..........., 3 hands,......it has sense, yes  :).

But Hood,what do you mean by "diagonally"?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »
As I said I am not familiar with the use of Joysticks in Mach but if your joystick can be moved at an angle it may be possible to jog two axis at one time.
eg normal directions would be North, South, East and West but it may be possible to move two axis by moving it North East or South West etc.
I remember looking at a joystick a long time ago but that was in Mach2 and I cant really remember how it was implemented, I seem to remember the keybrabber utility was used.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »
Oh, no no Hood, I don't mean that kind of joystick.

What I mean is a stick which I can only move forward and backward or stay in a normal central position for no motion.
It is the same as a stick-switch with the 3 positions (forward-backward-central neutral).

Perhaps the right name is not "joystick"?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 03:01:50 AM »
Ah ok so basically what you are talking about is an On-Off-On momentary toggle switch?
If that is the case then you could easily set them up as X Y and Z jog buttons in Ports and Pins, Inputs page. (see screenshot)
However as this has to first go via the Smoothstepper there will likely be a delayed action to them so proceed with caution until you get a feel for it.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 08:40:31 AM »
Hello Hood,
thank you very much  :).

The console we are speaking about (or the 3 axis indipendent pendant ,I don't know how to call it)
is to attach directly to the Usb port of the computer as a normal keyboard?