Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:29:15 PM

Author Topic: Help - Pendant for Indipendent Axles  (Read 10483 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Help - Pendant for Indipendent Axles
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »
You would have to connect these switches to the inputs on your Smoothstepper.
Hood
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »
At the moment I don't have a smooth stepper but I would like to buy it for the new machine.

Is it also possible to connect this console via usb so that I can use on more than a machine and so that I don't have to buy another smoothstepper for the machine I already have??
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:24:58 PM by graziano »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 02:17:07 AM »
Not unless you can write a plugin for your USB pendant.
You could use a second parallel port and connect it vis that. You can configure pins 2-9 as inputs on a second port so that would give you13 Inputs and 4 Outputs.
Hood
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 02:39:09 AM »
Good Morning Hood,
Pardon, I have some matter with pins  :)

-When you say: "Not unless you can write a plugin for your USB pendant" you mean I need an hardware interface such as an Arduino or a Pokeys or something similar?

-Second Paralle Port: the second parallel port is to be used to attach a pendant Non Usb therefore a Parallel Pendant to a second parallel port?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 05:30:06 AM »
Yes, you could use a PoKeys for the I/O to connect a pendant and use the PoKeys plugin to talk to Mach.
I made one up a few years ago with the PoKeys but for me a pendant was no use so I didnt use it, I prefer my controls to be on the panel. I had a document posted on how I made the pendant but the PoKeys plugin has changed a lot since then so it will likely not be much help but you will find it here.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11817.0.html

Yes, you could connect the pendant directly to a second parallel port via a parallel port cable rather than using USB.

Hood
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 06:23:31 AM »
Hello Hood, thank you very much for the information, I read the pdf and I ask my friend to try these hardware.

Yes, I understand your choise to have everything on a single panel; at the moment I am still understanding if it is bestter to have a 2 dedicated desktop pc or a laptop, I have to check.

Thank you very much Hood,
Graziano

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 01:27:01 PM »
Personally I would go with a computer for each machine and that is what I have.
Hood
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »
Yes you are right.
At the moment I have no so much space; as soon as I make order and have the right space I will follow your council  to have a dedicated pc, electronics and video for each machine. Not to forget a dedicated box, both for safety and soundproofing.

Let's do this little lathe and its consolle then we make order as professionals  :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 02:57:37 AM »
I have larger machines so its probably easier for me as I incorporate the computers into the electric panels. I use either Via Pico or Mini ATX motherboards, the Pico is tiny, only 100mm x 75mm but no parallel port so you need  to use something like the Smoothstepper with it.
Heres a pic of the cabinet that I did for the Bridgeport, the mini ITX computer is lower righton the other side of that  black plate
Hood
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:04:12 AM by Hood »
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 04:47:50 AM »
Bridgeport? Already you are a professional!

That is  a masterpiece of order, ability and very good electric components.

Very good work!

My Compliments!  :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:49:52 AM by graziano »