Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 09:46:28 AM

Author Topic: Eagle KM-750..Anilam Crusader GX-M  (Read 76788 times)

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
Re: Eagle KM-750..Anilam Crusader GX-M
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2007, 02:20:41 AM »
My breakout board is Accu-Step.  When I wired step/direction to Arturo's spindle control board I wired them to axis 4 on the BO board.  Couldn't see anywhere else, but it doesn't seem right.
Edit: After staring at the BO board for an hour or so, I figured that enabling axis A on motor tuning and setting step to 5 & dir to 9 on pport 1 should to the trick.

Also.
If you tie the error lines of the Pixies together, as suggested in the PDF, a fault on one axis will shut down all the Pixie's. This should allow the use one Pixie ENABLE output for OUT. SVO-ON.

you may need a driver transistor if the Pixie can not sink the relay current

Can I tie the 3 enable lines of the Pixies together to connect to OUT. SVO-ON?  Would that help to sink the current?

Ashby
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:48:22 AM by ardor »
There is no approved dental use for WD40
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2007, 10:36:17 AM »
If you do not have a back gear (low range). You must have some kind of special spindle motor/drive combination to have power at low speeds. 

I planned on doing away with the PLC on mine and using basic Mach outputs.

When you go to fire this thing up with the OUT. SVO-ON signal. I would suggest you take the high voltage/motor connector off of the drives and verify you have the high power first. Then I would hook one drive up at a time, X first since it has the longest travel and put it mid travel. If A and B are reversed the axis will run away. If you ever had one of the toothed encoder belts go out you will know what I mean.

Darek

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2007, 03:12:12 PM »
"You must have some kind of special spindle motor/drive combination to have power at low speeds."
The spindle motor is AC, the drive is a Yaskawa Varispeed 626MTIII

Can I tie the 3 enable lines of the Pixies together to connect to OUT. SVO-ON?  Would that help to sink the current?

Ashby

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2007, 08:42:19 PM »

I planned on doing away with the PLC on mine and using basic Mach outputs.

Darek

I vote for that.  Is what I'm about to do with OUT. SVO-ON going to communicate with the PLC?  If so, then how to turn the drives on otherwise.

Ashby
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2007, 06:42:51 AM »
The problem with connecting the enables together is one will have less resistance and take the majority of the load. If one wound up being the only one on it would take all of the load.

The OUT. SVO-ON supplies ground directly to the relay of which the other side is connected to +24v (no PLC invovled.).

The PLC decoded the information coming from P4. When the PLC sees a STROBE T,M or S it reads the data on SMT-0 thru 7 and applies it to that function. The latch signals tells the PLC the CNC will be waiting for the FINISHED(In) signal.

T=Tool
M=Misc. Function
s=Spidle Speed

Input P11-20/FEED STOP(IN) comes from the PLC also.

Darek
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2007, 06:46:09 AM »
Does your wiring diagram show the I/O side of the PLC. This is where you would interface Mach's I/O. From your spindle description this part of your machine will be alot different than mine.

(Edit/posted here to get rid of duplicate post)
Darek
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:50:50 PM by HillBilly »

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2007, 12:55:11 PM »
I have removed the card cage and GXM Console.  Mounted the power supply from the card cage and have only run 5v from it to the BO board.  Have not connected any of the other outputs of that PS anywhere.

If the PLC needs info from P4, it's not connected to the card cage or the console anymore.

Are we working towards not using the PLC?

Ashby
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 08:10:32 PM by ardor »

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2007, 04:34:52 AM »
Here's pix of the PLC and Spindle Control.  The PDF manuals are to big to post here, so if you want to get them, I posted them
here-->>   http://wwbizz.com/Anilam/Darek

The PLC I have is F160MR, the only manual Mitsubishi had was for F2, they said that they were very similar.
The dwgs that I have don't show the I/O of the PLC.

Ashby
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:50:51 AM by ardor »
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2007, 02:51:30 PM »
You know " I have all the PLC I/O information." would have been the preferred answer!

Parts orientation must be how they kept up with the different models. I noticed your PLC is sideways. Mine is upside down.

If your spindle is single speed, I can't figure out what they used all the I/O for?????????

Darek

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2007, 04:38:55 PM »
If your spindle is single speed, I can't figure out what they used all the I/O for?

There was a read out of spdl speed on the console & I could bump the speed up or down from the console, maybe that's what a bunch of the I/O was about.

Is your PLC f1?.  I can't make it out on the pic.