Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:43:05 PM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 116835 times)

Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 12:22:28 PM »
Really like the work your doing and this would be something I would be interested in trying out here at our company on one of our cnc lathes that I just retro'd with the machmotion controller...I have over 30 years experience in cnc and can manually program anything but I also use GibbsCam for the more complex geometry jobs to save time for our production requirements on our lathes...I cannot however create a workable screenset for our lathe to save my life so this is where you come in if your interested in me trying out your Beta version.
If interested I will send you the lathes information you requested in your previous post.
Mark

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
Selecting which DRO you'd like to see is fine I think. Don't know though why would someone want the old type DRO - it's either you use the tool table in Mach or not, and if you do you then you have an offset for each tool.

I can think of a couple reasons... What if you don't want to upgrade versions or the latest has an issue with your setup? Say you don't change the standard tool number = offset for tool method and just want a quick way to visualize what tool your on? Anyways its now an option (simple check box for "Use new tool offset display") and it has been added. I also added the "T" in front of the tool info no matter what option you choose to display.

What was the first version to include this new DRO so I can make sure I add a note on the screen option setting?
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 12:27:24 PM »
Sorry cannot see the M01 where bouts is it located on the screen?
Mark

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »
Mark,

I have been flooded with emails requesting testing. Yours however since it is in a shop work environment especially interests me. Yes please shoot me an email with the specs and I will add you in. Testing should start sometime next week if all goes well.

Wes

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »
Sorry cannot see the M01 where bouts is it located on the screen?
Mark

Ahh... I thought you meant the stop button. No you are correct that isn't on the screen. But it will be now :)

Keep um coming guys.... this is what turn a good screen into a great one. :)
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 01:37:59 PM »
Information sent!

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »
What was the first version to include this new DRO so I can make sure I add a note on the screen option setting?

Mach3 v3.043.038 as per the change log.

Dan
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »
not sure what you mean i found this version number in the help section for the software

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
not sure what you mean i found this version number in the help section for the software

Not sure what you referring too? If its based on Dan's post above yours. We are talking about the Mach version when DRO 246 was introduced.
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
Hi,
There is a mach script call to get the mach version - with that you can test at run time to see if you find yourself on a version that has a particular feature implemented or not. See GetMachVersion in the Mach prorammer ref manual.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com