Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:41:21 AM

Author Topic: Help! Please! this Chaos has to stop!  (Read 23686 times)

Re: Help! Please! this Chaos has to stop!
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »
Hi,
I hooked up the 5 volt wire from the computers power supply, and I ran the program and it messed up.  So that wasn't the problem.  The problem with slowing down the Acceleration and Velocity is that it will take forever to run a program, and that's not an option.  Will increasing the power supply fix the problem. Also I have a weird looking breakout board, what do you think of it? Do I need to replace it?  You can see it on a another topic started by me. Can you send me some links for a good place to buy a power supply and breakout boards? I just want to get this machine fixed I don't care if I have to replace parts.
Thanks,
Greg
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 02:51:59 PM by method13 »
"Ideas have consequence" Ravi Zaccharias

Hood

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2006, 03:06:27 PM »
So slowing down your velocity/acceleration cures it? If yes then there is a good chance that increasing your PSU voltage will help but nothing is guaranteed.
 You can make a PSU up fairly easily, have a look at this pdf from Bob Campbell  http://www.campbelldesigns.com/how-to-build-a-power-supply.php
Hood
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »
Greg,
what speeds are you trying to run at?
1) What top speed and
2) acceleration and what
3) cut speed

4) And what speeds if any have you been able to run at successfully?
5) Does it mess up during cutting or during high speed travel (non cutting)

Thanks.
Bill
Pixel Tamer
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2006, 10:19:53 PM »
Hi,
Slowing down my acceleration/velocity helps the problem or at least it doesn't happen as often. I slowed down my rates so much that when I put my feed at 80ipm the max my machine would do is 30ipm.

My top speed is around 130ipm but I am running my Velocity at 3.5, my acceleration rate is .7 that puts my top feed at 60ipm and my average speed that I was trying to cut at is 80-100ipm.

I have run some programs at 80-100ipm but only a few of them made it all the way through, I seem to have sucess around 60ipm but eventually it will screw up too.  Also it seems the larger the program the more often it will screw up.

The video I have posted in another post shows it screwing up just when I am moving my machine in handle, it always messes up if I run a drill program. It doesn't like to switch between G0 and G1.

I have a time when the machine didn't screw up even from the first day I had it. They told me that I could cut around 100-120 ipm when I bought it.
Thanks,
Greg

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 11:09:32 PM »
Are you running any other programs with mach? Perhapse something that is looking for a dongle on the parallel port? Like maybe visual mill?

I have seen this pop up on the yahoo forum.

Chad

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2007, 10:53:24 PM »
Hey!!!
I am back, and I think I figured this problem out.  I think I am setting the cutterpath tolerance too high, so the machine is trying to hit all those points at a high feed rate and the motors can't keep it up and looses it's position.

The way I figured it out (at least I think I figured it out) is that I tried another CAM software and the default tolerance was .002 and I made a bunch of parts at a decent feed rate with out it screwing up.  The default for my original CAM software was .00001 way to tight for my machine and I don't even need it to be that tight.  I feel like a bone head that I didn't see it earlier, but I guess when you take a break and come back with a clear head you can end up seeing things you didn't see before.

Just as a survey who ever reads this post please tell me what you set your tolerance for contouring.  I am not 100% sure that this is the whole problem I still might need a larger power supply for the feeds that I would like to see the machine run at.

Please let me know what you think,

Greg

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2007, 10:56:41 PM »
Hey Greg,
   Glad to see you are still around. The tolerance setting is totaly up to you, but I set my at .004".

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2007, 11:23:28 PM »
Is this Artcam?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com