Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:22:05 PM

Author Topic: mach3 turn spindle dro not working, spindle speed changing while jogging  (Read 34958 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
If that is the correct xml then you do not have the Index (in Ports and Pins, Inputs) enabled and set up, also you have an Index Debounce (on General config page) of 100, that will likely need reduced to zero or near.
Hood
Thanks Hood,
I am not sure if the file was the correct one as I cannot find out where the file produced in CONFIG -  Save is located.
I have saved several times but nothing appears in the mach set up folder area .I
checked that index was enabled and it was. Also set debounce to zero but speed still not registering.
In diagnostics the index led is flashing at rates which differs with speed alterations.At 40 rpm it is a strong pulse at about second intervals.
I did the auto check in inputs and it correctly found index enabled and port
I am going to reload mach 3 rdo the set up and see if that does anything
Dear Hood
reloaded and reset up did nothing to solve my problem.
Could the signal shape or width or something be my trouble.
Getting to the limit of my expertise, not too high in any case
Geoff Ford cape Town

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Ok the xml you want is for the profile you are using. If you use the standard Mach3Turn profile it will be found in C:\Mach3 folder and be called Mach3Turn.xml, If you use a custom profile it will have the name of thecustom profile.
Hood
Ok I have reloaded and set up and this is the setup xml I
hope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Still no Index set up in that xml, see screenshot.
Hood
This should be the latest xml. I checked that the index was enabled in the set up pins &ports
Does the save settings in config produce another xml each time you press it ?
should be here an xml

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Ok, Ports and Pins, Spindle Setup, take the tick out of the disable spindle relays box. I see you are using Outputs 1 and 2 so if that is not meant for the spindle put 3 and 4 in the M3 and M4 box on the spindle setup page.

Hood
Hi Hood
I have done all the suggested without any joy and have rebuilt the hall effect sensor with a new chipand still do not register any speed indication.
I have had a scope on the output to the opto isolator and then after it and before the pc parallel port. Both show the pulse is apparently ok. A meter on the output shows +5v when the thing triggers
I have set the config up exactly as recommended by Tony Jeffree in his article which I used to build up the system to convert my ML7 to CNC and everything is working well save for the speed read out