Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:39:12 PM

Author Topic: Denford Orac 8 station turret  (Read 35340 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Denford Orac 8 station turret
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »
That looks more like a mill toolchange macro.
To look at macros use the editor in Mach, Operator menu then VB Script editor, you can then open from the editor window that pops up.
Hood

Offline berty

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »
Hi
nothing found in vscript editor

went to open files in editor had to go open all files
found cnc altered programs folder, nothing found it it

been through all profiles all the same

went through c drive and into macros that way in mach turn was. tool=Get Selectedtool()
                                                                                          SetCurrent tool(tool)

Bert       

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 02:56:17 AM »
I was meaning using the editor to browse and open m1s files so that you can view them easily.

What I would do is use the windows search function to find all the m6start.m1s files on your drive and see if you can find them that way.

That one you found is just the standard one, it has no info on actual tool change sequence.

Can you attach your xml and I will have a look and see if I can find anything that may be set up for the turret. Also do a serch for other xml files and see if the guy made up a custom one, for instance he may have called one Orac.xml
Hood

Offline berty

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 12:10:01 PM »
I will have a go
bert

Offline berty

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
I have had a look in all m6start.m1s files, Found nothing other than tool change=getselectedtool()
                                                                                             setcurrenttool( tool )

Have had a look at the orac.xml file and others

Have found one that has got a mention of < tool rotation >0</toolrotations>    then further down script is written <toolposition>1</toolposition>

will try to down load and send it to you tomorrow

Offline berty

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 06:01:10 AM »
Hi to all
I need to get the wiring connections sorted out first. As of yet the changer is not connected to any thing

I need to get the relay for the 12/24volt change over controlled by mack ( how do I configure this, ports / pins, and configuration / setup in mack3)

If the wires coming out of the changer greyscale sensors are or were made to be +5volts active and 0 volt inactive (not fitted to bob) would this be a basic digital signal? Can mach3 understand it

How do I set up ports and pins and configuration to do this.

Then as I understand it I will need to have a macro to make it all work properly. But at this stage I think this is the least of my problems.

Many thanks for all your help so far with this I have read all replies but am still lost with it all.I starting to wonder if its worth all the trouble and might be better to use it as a manual changer with a single panel mounted push switch, but this sort of defeats the object and purpose of having it.

Bert

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 06:06:23 AM »
First thing to do is find out what voltage the signals from the changer are. If 5v then hooking direct to the bob is possible, if a higher voltage then you will need to reduce it.
Hood

Offline berty

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 06:47:55 AM »
Wow thanks Hood for speedy reply I wasn't,t expecting one that quick

I had marked up all the wires before I had previously removed them from bob (over a year ago) I am sure it was working before I got my hands on it

I measured voltage that powers bob It is +4.95dc volts

I connected green and yellow to ND as marked previously

Mauve wire marked pin 12 measured with meeter shows 0.03vdc
blue    wire marked pin 15 measured " "  " " "" "" "" "" " 3.64vdc
white  wire marked pin 13 measured "  "  "  "  "  "  "  "  3.64vdc

Bert

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 07:19:46 AM »
can you point me to the wiring you mention, i see a jpg posted earlier but cant seem to enlarge it for some reason so cant see it clearly.
Hood

Offline berty

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 07:23:44 AM »
Hi I got a bit carried away

And rotated the tool post forward and reversed it onto ratchet at next few tool positions

Can"t see any marker for tool number to aligned to so results will be position rather that an actual tool number

position                 mauve              blue            white

1                       0.03vdc        3.64vdc         3.64vdc

2                       0.03              0.0                0.0

3                       3.61              0.0                0.0

4                       3.63              3.63              3.63

5                       3.63              0.0                3.63

So I assume that I will have to do this to all positions and that one position will have to be a reference or something like that ( would that be the one with 3.63 v to all wires so that if a wire broke it would know that some thing wasn't right. ( getting a bit ahead of myself)

Bert