Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:12:42 PM

Author Topic: Driver test file not working  (Read 34279 times)

Offline rickw

•  110 110
    • View Profile
Driver test file not working
« on: January 29, 2011, 11:11:33 AM »
I have just built a new machine and I am trying to get it to move. I am starting at the beginning with the video tutorials and hit a snag already. The drivertest file will not run to indicate other issues. I have tried installing the latest version of Mach3 but it still will not run. I am running Windows 7 (32bit) on a desktop. I think the driver might be the culprit because the motors are energized but will not move. Any advice would be welcomed as I have been trying to get the motors to turn for two days.

Thank you in advance!

Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Driver test file not working
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 11:16:32 AM »
If you close Mach and go to the Mach3 directory on your drive and double click on Mach3Test.exe does nothing happen or does it open and just show nothing?

Hood
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:19:05 AM by Hood »

Offline rickw

•  110 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »
There is no Mach3test.exe file just the DriverTest file. However, when I click on the DriverTest file, nothing happens. I just registered the program today but it didn't work before registration either. I also have the latest version as of today.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:02:18 PM by rickw »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »
Sorry yes thats what I meant ::)

You may need to install Mach with Administrator privileges in W7, I have never used it so not sure but check to see if you have done that.
Hood

Offline rickw

•  110 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 12:52:49 PM »
I'm not sure what that means or how to do that. I am the administrator in W7 on this system. How do I install Mac with Admin privileges?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »
I would imagine if you installed it when you were logged in as Admin then thats all that would be required.
Have a look in device manager and see if the pulsing engine is installed.
Hood

Offline rickw

•  110 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 04:31:35 PM »
It is installed and according to Device Manager, working properly. I can't believe how difficult it is to get this to run.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »
Dont know what to suggest, afraid I have never used W7 32 but a lot do and it seems fine for them.
Hood

Offline rickw

•  110 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
I have removed all wire ties and verified every connection and it is wired correctly. However, I did find a discrepancy with the EStop and possibly the limit switch connections. I do not have an EStop wired yet but I do have limit switch wiring connected according to the Keling schematic which indicated to land connections to #13 and 5v on the input side of the BOB, next to the power connections. The schematic also shows the eStop connections landing at #10 and 5v pins on an input connector, next to the output motor/driver connections as shown in the BYO CNC book, page 213 fig 19-4. However, according to fig 19-4, it looks as if the connections are landed on #10 and #11 with the 5v skipped. I thought this might be an issue with the limit switch connections so I disconnected the wires from those terminals to see if this was a problem and still no motor movement. I would like to know the correct connection assignment for both the EStop and limit switching. On page 212, fig 19-3, the book states to land one connection on #10 but does not specify the second connection. Is it 5v or #11.

Just to clarify and limit redundancy, I have the following set up:

Mach3 set up on W7, 32bit, licensed user
New motherboard/CPU on desktop computer
New parallel cable
LPT1 driver installed and working properly
Device Manager shows Mach X pulsing engines and driver installed and working properly
X,Y,Z, and A axis with A set as a slave to X due to two X axis drive screws
Motor input pins set to x-2/3, y-4/5, z-6/7, a-8/9, all set to port 1/1
Port 1 is enabled with the same address as W7, 0x378
Kernel set to 25000Hz, no other items enabled
EStop input enabled, port 0, pin 15, active low (no limit switch yet)
5.5v to the EN side of the BOB
BOB C10 jumpers all set to 1/2
BOB/motors/drivers wired exactly like the BYO CNC book example
All motors engaged but no movement, will not turn once engaged
Mach3 will indicate spindle movement but no actual movement
Software will not run DriverTest within Mach3 directory in W7 to resolve further issues

I am not sure what to do next...........

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »
Are you able to stop Reset flashing? If not then change the active state of the E-Stop until you get one fitted.
Do you have the correct port address set in Mach.
If you attach your xml I will have a look to see if there are problems with it.
Hood